Last questions... I hope :)

TinkerKat

<font color=coral>The only thing that "I own" that
Two actually,

One: do the ships still do refillable mugs for beverages throughout the day?

Two: We're doing an excursion that doesn't mention lunch. Can we get a "boxed lunch" from the ship? Is there an extra charge for them? How much notice must be given?

Three: Are 15 year olds allowed to use the Gym? With signed consent? My son runs track and wants to "Keep fit" for competition.

Thanks a bunch fellow Dis'rs

The ships have a 24 hour beverage station with disposable cups.

Not sure what port you are asking about, but most foods cannot be brought onto a foreign port. This week, at Grand Cayman, we saw cruisers having to leave fruit behind at the gangway due to restrictions.

Enjoy!

Jan

Two actually,

Already noted, but they no longer use refillable mugs. Too worried about viruses, etc. You can take your own mug or buy one on board but they will want you to take a disposable paper cup, fill that and empty it into your mug.

Two: We're doing an excursion that doesn't mention lunch. Can we get a "boxed lunch" from the ship? Is there an extra charge for them? How much notice must be given?

I can't really answer this as we did an early AM excursion on Grand Cayman and an afternoon excursion on Cozumel so we ate lunch on the ship.

Three: Are 15 year olds allowed to use the Gym? With signed consent? My son runs track and wants to "Keep fit" for competition.

Don't believe they can even with consent. However, he can run on Deck 4 which goes completely around the ship (I believe it's like 3 times around for a mile).

Have a great trip!!!

Two actually,

As P/Posted Soda station is available 24 hours a day so no refillable mugs on ship anymore, they do not do a boxed lunch on shore trips, but some shore trips do include a local lunch-see description. Many ports have rules that food cannot be taken off, some people do take items from topsiders such as boxed cereals, a cookies but might break rules.

Gym is for over 18s only.

You can order uncrustables from room service to take with you. We also take unopened bags or containers of cereal from Topsiders or what we have brought onboard with us such as PB crackers along with juice boxs and bottled water. As long as they are sealed and unopened you will be fine. Fruit is a big concern in most ports. We never eat any food in the ports. I would rather not take any chances so we only eat on the ship, or things that we have brought with us to snack on when in port.

Thanks so much for the info! I am most concerned with the 4 hour tour. Water and kids = eventual hunger :goodvibes

The fitness center is available to guests age 18 and over. There are a couple of special times (during late seating dinner) when it is available to teens with The Stack group. Otherwise, teens can use the running track and the sports deck.

You are not officially allowed to take food off the ship for safety reasons. However, no one inspects your bags as you leave.

There are no longer refillable mugs. Coke products as well as milk, tea, coffee, and juice are available 24/7 on deck 9. You are encouraged to use a clean cup each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter