• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last morning of cruise breakfast

tamlynnk

Earning My Ears
Do we have to go to breakfast at 6am on the last morning of the cruise? Can we ask to be switched to the later time I think it is 8? Or is there an alternate choice if we don't go to the assigned dinning room?

Do we have to go to breakfast at 6am on the last morning of the cruise? Can we ask to be switched to the later time I think it is 8? Or is there an alternate choice if we don't go to the assigned dinning room?

You are assigned to your breakfast seating for the last morning based on your dinner assignment. Early dinner will have early breakfast (6:30ish) and late dinner will have late breakfast (8:00).

Or you can go to the buffet. Their hours may vary a bit, but are usually 6:30-8:00. You can remain there until 8:30, but service stops at 8:00.

Or you can just pick up some sweet rolls/cereal/etc the morning before and keep it in your room to eat.

You must be out of your room by 8:00.

I'd strongly recommend the buffet. The last breakfast is nothing to write home about. In fact if I was trying to get to somewhere early such as the theme parks, I'd skip it completely and self carry luggage off the ship. A few zip lock bags and grabbing a few items the day before like the PP is a great idea I've never thought of before.

Last morning of cruise breakfast.. is a very sad thing. :sad:

Most of the time, everyone is running around and tired and your servers are trying to get everything cleaned up and moved along. because they might have a chance to nap before doing the lunch shift for the new guests or they have the day off and as soon as they can get their last guest out of the dining room, they can leave the ship.

We generally get the latest room service the night before with a carafe of coffee, fruit and some other items and when we get up in the morning, we have that and skip the morning dining room. Some times this has not worked, because the one time we got the pot of coffee, but it was in a non insulated pot and it was ice cold at 6am. :(

We never go to the last breakfast either. Just do buffet and get to sleep in more that way.

I've never been a fan of the last morning's breakfast, but this last cruise, it was my absolute favorite meal. The food was meh, but the company was the best. We LOVED our servers on the Magic and had one last chance of spending time with them. We just had to drive home (less than 4 hours), so we had no real reason to leave. I'm happy to report that we were the second to last family out of the dining room, and there were only 4 groups of bags left when we got ours.

You can also take cereal, milk, fruit,etc. from breakfast the day before and enjoy it in your room the last day...just make sure you follow the rules with what you carry off and take through customs...

I agree with PPs....go to the buffet. First, if you had the early dinner seating, your time for breakfast in the MDR is at an ungodly hour. Second, it all seems kind of rushed. The servers are just concerned with getting you out of there as fast as possible for either seating. Third, the food isn't any better than the buffet. In fact, it is probably worse.

I've never been a fan of the last morning's breakfast, but this last cruise, it was my absolute favorite meal. The food was meh, but the company was the best. We LOVED our servers on the Magic and had one last chance of spending time with them. We just had to drive home (less than 4 hours), so we had no real reason to leave. I'm happy to report that we were the second to last family out of the dining room, and there were only 4 groups of bags left when we got ours.

I have only been on one disney cruise but loved our servers and even though it was a bit rushed I felt it was my last time to see them

We enjoyed our 'last breakfast' but we had late dining seating so we got to go at 7:45 which wasn't bad at all. (Another perk to late seating dining.) I actually really liked it! Here are several reasons why:

-I didn't have the 'oh no, its the last dinner with Mihay and Anak and I don't want to say goodbye just yet!' feeling because I knew I would see them for one more visit in the morning.
-Our family is spread across the continent with DT in Seattle, Mom & Dad on Gulf Coast and us in KY. We all had to go our separate ways on Sunday (although DT went home with Mom & Dad for a few days) but the point was, we got to have a really nice family breakfast before we all had to skedattle for the hectic debarkation and long drives. (10 hrs for them, 14 for us.) I really enjoyed our breakfast together.
-The 7:45 worked for us because it wasn't too early or too late. And we still had time to run up to photo deck to buy our only princess photo we had available, because they are open until 9.

So to each their own. We enjoyed our final fancy breakfast. But then again, we just about enjoyed all the breakfasts.

The only thing my DH HATES are the square premade hashbrowns. I told him there were fresh made potatoes in the buffet but I don't think he made it to the buffet once. That is why we need a 5-7 day next!

We always switch to the later seating by talking to the head server the last night. You will most likely not get your same table or possibly your same serving team, but the last breakfast isn't about fun so we never mind switching.

I personally like a sit down warm breakfast before starting our travel day.

The buffet serves breakfast until 8:30 (at least on the Wonder, which we just got off of this morning).

The buffet serves hot food, it is not just continental breakfast. There are eggs, bacon, oatmeal, potatoes, etc. It really is not much different than the buffet breakfast during the rest of the week.

MJ

The buffet serves hot food, it is not just continental breakfast. There are eggs, bacon, oatmeal, potatoes, etc. It really is not much different than the buffet breakfast during the rest of the week.

MJ

Thanks for all the great advice! I am assuming that the buffet for the last morning breakfast, on the Dream is in cabanas?
We sail May 26th!

The first time we sailed we went to our assigned breakfast time. After that I decided the buffet was a better option and that's what we have done the past two times. We got off the Magic a week ago and we went to Topsiders for breakfast. It was scheduled to close at 8:15 so we arrived at 7:50am. They had eggs, bacon, bread, some fruit and the most important, coffee :surfweb: The restaurant was pretty quiet with just a few tables eating. We sat there until 8:40 and then slowly made our way down. When we left there were four tables still there. We walked right off the ship, immediately grabbed our bags and then quickly made it to our parking shuttle. We were driving home by 9:30am.

Our last AM on the Dream in April 2013, we ate the buffet at the Cabanas. Got up there about 9:00. People were still coming in as late as 9:30. They started taking the hot food off of the line at about 9:45. We left about 10. No crowds at that time. Most people rush off earlier to get to flights and such. We wanted to soak in every last second! lol. I'd aim to be up there by 9 AM if you want to get assured to get to eat at slow pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter