Last Minute Trip - Need Advice

code3chica

Earning My Ears
My about-to-be 3 yr old really wants to get her hair cut for her birthday. Last night I was trying to decide where I want to take her that would be just as awesome an experience (for both of us) as when her little brother got his hair cut at Harmony Barbershop on our big trip in Dec. :headscratch Duh - there isn't! I decided to bring her down (we live in Atlanta, but I have an AP) for a mommy-daughter couple days at Disney! She has no idea what's in store for her, but considering she has worn her Minnie dress the last 3 days straight (with a tiara, of course), I think it will be a hit! :woohoo:

Today I decided I wanted to sweeten the deal and add some ADRs. I scored lunch at Tony's (11:20) & dinner at 1900 Park Fare (4:25) for 4/19, and Breakfast at Akershus (8:25) on 4/20. Was hoping for a meal with Mickey and the crew, but no dice.

We are staying at My brother's house in North Tampa. The plan is to drive down Friday afternoon/evening. Park days will be MK on 4/19 and EP on 4/20 (about 1/2-2/3 day and then driving home).

So on to my questions...

1) Since MK is open 9A-12A on 4/19. Per EasyWDW the crowd level is 7, but MK is a recommended park. I'm considering arriving for rope drop and hitting whatever we can until lunch, then going to Harmony as a walk-in. Possibly doing one or two things, and then leave the park and either ride the monorail or walk around a resort. I'm hopeful the lack of stimulus will instigate a nap. Then do dinner and come back after the park has settled down a bit. Do y'all think that's an ok plan? I'm worried about potential for them not admitting anyone else, but I'm hoping by dinner time everything has slowed down....

2) how late would u stay with an almost-3-yr-old if you had to drive an hour home?

3) What FP+ would you get. She is probably just tall enough for Barnstormer.

4) For EP day - what special flower and garden stuff should we do/see? I've never been for that.

5) Should I do an ADR for right before we leave? Breakfast will be big, but it won't last forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter