Last minute trip - little to no availability

WDWorld2003

DIS Veteran
Have not been to WDW for a few years and really wanted to go at the end of February (only time we can go) but there is no availability for studios and little to none for one bedrooms.

I seem to remember that all rooms are released to Disney reservations the last 30 days. Is there any difference if I call Member Services or would they show the same availability as what is online? Thanks for your help!

Breakage is actually 60 days.

You can try calling, but I think you'll get the same availability you see online.

I was able to piece together a three night trip March 15-19 a few days ago. It took three days of constant stalking and two one night SSR waitlists that came through to get three consecutive nights. However, I don't think this strategy would work as well for such a close trip because you are now within the 31 day cancellation period so I would imagine there would be a lot fewer changes now.

It's Mardi Gras season at the end of February. Ash Wednesday is Mar 1.

The same thing happened to us in November. We need to book a month out (due to work) and have had to do it this way for many years. We ended up paying cash for 1 night of our stay. I just booked for next month and we have to split our stay because there weren't consecutive nights available at any one resort. We've been members for a long time and I don't remember ever having this much of a problem booking a room.

I believe that the popularity of DVC rental companies is impacting and will continue to impact studio inventory. I would guess that at least 70% of the rentals are studios. At the least a percentage that is greater than if members were using those points.

I too book a lot of late to the game trips and it's really something how many people cancel at the last minute. So don't give up hope. I pieced together 14 nights at the Polynesian, way after the seventh month window.

Keep looking/calling every day! I just booked two days at the Boardwalk today for friends, Mar 9 and 10th that weren't available yesterday.

The same thing happened to us in November. We need to book a month out (due to work) and have had to do it this way for many years. We ended up paying cash for 1 night of our stay. I just booked for next month and we have to split our stay because there weren't consecutive nights available at any one resort. We've been members for a long time and I don't remember ever having this much of a problem booking a room.
Food & Wine is really popular with members and renters. Plus with starting it sooner and extending the end date, you are going to have a hard time booking in Oct or Nov at one month out. Plus with Flower & Garden also starting earlier and ending later and the addition of more food kiosks, it just might be getting a bigger life, making it also harder to book less than seven months out. I booked four nights at OKW around the marathon today and the Friday of marathon week already had no HH area studios available. Now, that could be related to renovations or it could be just more people booking sooner rather than later.

Your best bet is to just book what you can and then piece in with a value or moderate resort or see what MS can do for a CRO. Then cancel those rooms if you happen to find something.

We needed to book rooms on one day notice in December,we were supposed to stay with friends who went into the hospital. I found the first night at OKW, and then on the ME I found a second night, and in the end I booked the last two at all stars...forgot to check with MS if they had any last minute rooms...

I pieced together a stay for Presidents Day weekend at 35 days out; late arrival at BWV and two nights at VWL. While stalking, I saw a BLT studio open up for all three nights, but passed on it.

I've also been working on a spring break trip at about 50 days out. Some one-bedrooms available, and I could piece together some studios. Again, I saw a BLT room open up, but I didn't want to borrow that many points right now.

So, it's very possible to book something last minute, but it takes time and dedication, and a little bit of luck.

we booked a Presidents day trip on Christmas day and ended up in three resorts in three nights - decided to make it part of the adventure. Fresh sheets and towels each night!

There is a note on the member website on the reservation page:

Accommodation inventory is the same whether you book online or through Member Services, except within 10 days of arrival. For close-in bookings, if you do not receive your desired selection, you may contact Member Services.

Disney Princess Half Marathon weekend is February 23-26. Most people doing races don't check out until the 27th or 28th. That's why most villas are booked.

PP is correct. The way the calendar works out this year, the Princess weekend seems a bit later. Few people leave on Sunday because of the Daytona 500 traffic that day. Most will leave on Monday.

PP is correct. The way the calendar works out this year, the Princess weekend seems a bit later. Few people leave on Sunday because of the Daytona 500 traffic that day. Most will leave on Monday.
So I should probably expect my room may not be ready when I arrive in Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter