• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute trip... I'm going 8/21-8/27 to VWL, on SW Air !

goldilocks_63

<font color=green>OKW+BCV+SSR+AKV<br><font color=c
I'm inbetween jobs, and having a dilemna. Either I have time or money to go to Disney ;)

At any rate, I'd like to see if I can get a last minute trip to Disney in a studio anywhere Tuesday next week.... and am hoping to use last minute air miles or something to get there.

Anyone have any advice to truely last minute reservations. Do I call DVC, or do I have to call the resorts directly, since it's within 7 days of arrival?

It'll be interesting to see if I can pull this off.... and yes, SSR would be fine by me, or even OKW (own at both, and BCV).

More later, Goldi

wdwstar, wanna go with me?

08/15/06 Update - I was able to switch to SSR studio yea, and cancel SSR because today was just inside my 5 day window (Remember when it used to be 3 days ;).

I'm not only going to Disney, but I get to check out SSR! So excited. I can tell this is going to be a great trip!!!!

08/17/06 Got VWL - Never been there. Yea!! Okay, this is the last switch. DD will love it because she's a MK fan!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

call MS first. good luck :thumbsup2

sorry its the wk end. check with CRO and see what's open

Call MS first thing Monday - you may just get lucky - I have been able to get last minute ressies before but it was in Sept and Beginning of Oct so don't know how the middle of Aug will be. The only info you can get from the front desk of one of the hotels is if there are rooms available for next week and I don't know if they will tell you or not. Good luck - aren't last minute trips fun?

If you're wanting to use points you will need to call MS when they open. ... UNLESS you want to get a reservation for tonite or tomorrow nite (Sat or Sunday) while MS is closed. The resorts do have limited access to DVC account information and can usually add a day to a reservation or even make one if MS is closed. Since you want a reservation for Tuesday, you will need to call MS.

The only "within 7 days" aspect is that there is no waitlist within 7 days. Waitlists are emptied 30 days prior and members need to request being plaed back on the list at that time and at 7 days. At this point you are not competing with the waitlist for a reservation, but IF there are any rooms available using points, CRO also has access to those once within 60 days.

As already suggested, you can at least check to see if there is any cash availability- but that will not be indicative of point availability.

Good luck! :)

and I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks, and wish me pixie dust.

Goldi

I just got a 1BR this past week for 5 nts. starting on 8/23 - hopefully that's a sign that it won't be packed!

I was able to book an additional studio at OKW a few weeks ago-under the 30 day mark. We leave this Tuesday for OKW so good luck!!!

My family and I had reservations for a 1 bedroom at SSR for Sunday, Aug 6 through Wednesday, Aug 9 leaving Thursday, Aug 10. In our minds we were thought we were leaving Friday, Aug 11 and were suprised when we checked our reservations. Hoping againsg hope I call MS on Friday, Aug 4 and was able to add Thursday, Aug 10.

Good Luck. :goodvibes :goodvibes

At 26 days out I got a 1 bed at SSR. Last week my entire waitlist of a week long 1 bed at BWV came through, we leave Tues. I bet there is plenty of room at SSR! Good luck!

Being flexible about location makes finding an opening really a non issue. I think your problem is going to be last minute air fair. I'm not sure your going to have much luck with all the security issues. I imagine nearly all flights to FLA are going to be completely booked. Good Luck though pixiedust:

I really think there will be a fare sale this week or so. Not sure it will help OP, but...

Americans tend to quit flying at the reminder that the world is NOT as safe as we would like it.....

If you have FF miles you may be in luck. I have actually had some great success with last minute bookings. Airlines give up on selling and actually seem to release a few seats.

Mousavers has a new forum or board which currently has a few last minute offers from DVC owners, as well as other available reservations, and Kayak dot com lists all airlines & fares.
Hope you have a great trip!

Last minute reservations... Used Southwest Airlines around $200 each for DD and me, and used up a $42 credit we had (yea)....

and then made All Star Sports reservations ($99 night + tax). (FYI - Pop century is about $2 / day cheaper in taxes ???, but went with ASSports because it's first drop off on the bus, and I'm familiar with layout and going without hubby.....

I could only get OKW Thurs / Fri / Sat for Studio, and no 1BR anywhere.

So Disney looks to be very full. I couldn't get Value resorts this week either because of free dining plan.

Surprisingly, I was able to book dining reservations. I figures with free food the restaurants would be a nightmare, but it worked out okay....

Yea. We're going to the mouse!!

See how much I'm saving by being a DVC member and AP holder (another $2,000 I probably wouldn't have spent otherwise. Gotta love the memories I'll have though.)

Goldi

goldilocks_63 said:
See how much I'm saving by being a DVC member and AP holder (another $2,000 I probably wouldn't have spent otherwise. Gotta love the memories I'll have though.)

Goldi

:cool1:

I think this is ALL of us! :rotfl:

08/15/06 Update - I was able to switch to SSR studio yea, and cancel All Sports because today was just inside my 5 day window (Remember when it used to be 3 days .

I'm not only going to Disney, but I get to check out SSR! So excited. I can tell this is going to be a great trip!!!!

Glad everything is going to work out-I'm sure you and your daughter will have a great time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter