• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute trip help!

*MomTo2Princesses*

Mouseketeer
We may be crazy. Haven’t been to Universal in 10 years and just booked to arrive in 2 days for a long weekend. I cannot believe we did this and starting to panic a little.

I am expecting high crowds with Spring Break and Easter week. We do Disney every year during off season so a little nervous about the crowds. We have EP so hoping that helps a little. Kids are big Harry Potter fans. Girls are 12 and 8, little guy is 5. Will we have a hard time finding places to eat without reservations? Any last minute tips?

Having EP will help tons. There really is nothing like doing Uni with the EP. We go in summer, never spring break or Easter week. Even in summer, we have always found empty restaurants. Of course, we tour ahead of the wave. We eat lunch as soon as it opens. Then dinner pretty early, too. Some restaurants on City Walk don't even take rezzies. So if you get there early, no problem. Having the EP is what lets you get a bunch of rides done, and you have the time to take food break, and right back to riding again. You will be fine.

Are you staying at one of the three deluxe resorts by chance? If yes, there is priority seating for many of the City Walk restaurants for guests of PBH, HRH and RPR. We always rely on this rather than making reservations.

How you can keep a secret like this is beyond me.....
I would go nuts keeping the trip to myself from my kids.....

Have a great time and let us know how the surprise to the kids went.

Thank you all so much! My last minute fear is turning into excitement!! We aren’t telling the kiddos until we leave Thursday morning. :)

Yes, we are staying at HRH. So excited!!

I responded on your other thread, but wanted to add with HRH you are RIGHT next to the parks. So if things do get crowded or you need a break it is so simple to run back to your room (you’ll could be back to your room in under 5 minutes from the park gate depending on walking speed).

Thank you all! Yes, keeping it secret has been killing me! Thankfully it is only for 2 days! I don’t think I could make it past tomorrow!:cheer2:

Well, we are back. And had the time of our lives! This hardcore Disney fam has decided to forego WDW or Disney Cruise this year and have AP’s so we can enjoy several smaller trips to Universal!

I am ready to start booking a couple of trips. When are AP rates released? If I’m not seeing any for certain dates in July, does that mean they’re all booked up? Or not released yet? I’m having a hard time with certain dates in May, but I’m assuming all of those discounts have been booked?

Thanks for all of your help!!

You can book now if you can live with the room rate and call to modify your booking rate if ap rates are released

I book and modify my rate all the time

Stay More Save More is a general public code anyone can use
Requires either a 3 or 4 day stay to qualify
Discount rate is based on season
Seasons and % of rate listed in the UO website

For me, securing specific dates are my priority

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter