Last Minute Trip....Help!!!!!

KTousha

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to plan a trip in 2 weeks???? I've always planned about a year in advance and I'm pretty overwhelmed at the thought of trying to plan it all and get everything ready in such a short time. I've already looked at resorts and started looking at some dining options. I'm freaking out a bit and wondering if I can get it all done! Has anyone ever planned in a time crunch???

Lets see called on Monday and drove to WDW friday evening:) We do not do many (if any) TS so dining was no issue, FP+ was a bit of a pain but we got lucky a couple days by constantly checking and getting a couple major ride FPs. What else is there:)

Should be fine... I did FP+ a little further ahead than that but ended up changing a whole bunch of them while we were there anyway.

I didn't have any ADRs (have 3 little kids -- can't justify paying a ton of money on overpriced food that they won't even eat all of, so just QS and brought in snacks, PB&J, veggies etc) but my mom really wanted to go to Rose & Crown Pub, so she just called the dining phone number while we were there and got a reservation for later the same day. I'm more of a "general planner" than a "down to the minute" planner so it wasn't a big deal.

This was Thanksgiving 2015 and it was quite busy (actually I think it was the most crowded time I've been there aside from Spring Break 1998), and we had no issues. The only thing I never got a FP for was Mine Train, but only 1 of my kids was big enough to get on it anyway. As long as you relax and let the chips fall you'll have fun, try not to freak out!

I booked yesterday for 16 days out. We're pretty much done, I think. Only 3 of us, though.

Thanks y'all! I'm not seeing many resorts with availability online. Would I have more luck calling?

I booked on a Wednesday and traveled on Thursday. Everything was done on the fly (you'd be surprised how much pops up at the last minute) and we paid rack rate for our room. It was, seriously, one of the most fun trips we've had. That said, we go often and if this was my only trip for a year or longer, I would wait and give a little more planning time.

Check Orbitz and the other third party sites as well. And yes, it's possible, we decided 2 weeks before we went in December, the week before Christmas. Found a discounted room at Swan at a pretty good rate. We don't book FPs or ADRs any more in advance than day before so that is never an issue for us. You can always find somewhere to eat even day of, we do it all the time walking around in the parks and hopping on MDE.

If I could have gotten my vacation away from work in a week or two I would have made all of my travel arrangements sooner than this. But as it stands, I don't get my vacation until late April. I agonized a bit over where I wanted to stay. It was a toss-up between CBR, Coronado Springs, or POR. I've been to all 3, so it doesn't make a difference to me. I like them all equally! On the travel site I was on, I was changing the dates and expanding and contracting the dates to see when the best rates are, and finally one appeared that I couldn't go wrong with! So I booked my flight and 7 nights at the CBR. I'll deal with the credit card bill later. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter