last minute trip dining recommendations

srwarden1928

DIS Veteran
I havent been on the boards for a long time.

I now have somewhat of a dilemma.
I have finally convinced DW to do another Disney trip after certain difficulties last time. :banana:
She has decided to leave the dining completely up to me this time. Last time she chose about half of the sit down dining, and the dining was the best part of the trip. She doesnt really like the parks, but she likes certain things about each of them. For example she claims no interest in AK, but she likes the Nemo show and the bird show and the Safari and Flame Tree. :confused3

Anyway, I tried to get as much feedback as possible. She would like to eat at places we have never tried before. We have eaten at Biergarten, Marekesh, Rose & Crown, 50s Prime Time, Hollywood & Vine, California Grill, Ohana, Artist Point, and Boma on various trips.

She wants to include some seafood. She is a very adventurous eater, in that we regularly eat a variety of cuisines. We are arriving sometime Sunday afternoon and departing the following Saturday midday. I think we probably want to try some of the kiosks set up for Food & Wine. Im not even sure how many sit down meals to schedule. We are not on the dining plan. She says she doesnt want to go to a park every day. I am kind of planning to run off to a park for at least part of some days and let her stay at the resort to do what she wants to. We have no children. We have never been to a character meal. We have also not done a sit down breakfast before because we were always in a hurry to get to a park, although I think she might like a breakfast. We are not going to MNSSHP this time. We will have hoppers for the first time.

Please help me plan some sit down meals. I also could use suggestions as to how many sit down meals to do. I was thinking maybe Flying Fish or Coral Reef for the seafood and maybe Kona for a breakfast. Im really not sure what to choose. Disboards always gave me good suggestions before.

A few of our favorites

DTD - Raglan Road, Wolfgang Puck Marketplace
DHS - SciFi, 50s Prime Time
MK - Plaza, Pecos Bill (wifes favorite), Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Rays, Pinocchios Village Haus, and don't forget Aloha Isle
Epcot - Rose & Crown, Kringlas (sp?) Bakery, French bakery (don't remember the name)

Not sure where you are staying, but there are some good places at the resorts also. We enjoyed the Boardwalk eateries, as well as those Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs.

Have fun

Seafood: Bluezoo, Flying Fish, and if sushi counts, Kimonos
I don't recommend Cape May or Coral Reef, but I think I'm among the few.

I'd usually suggest Jiko at AKL after a day at AK, but it's been getting mixed reviews since the chef change - Sanaa is also good.

Other favorites:
Citricos, Bistro de Paris, Wave and sometimes Brown Derby (it can be hit/miss for us)

Hhmmmmm...

It would be nice to know which of the ones you have tried....she liked...

The choices that you have tried are a bit on the boisterous side...

Based on ....If I were going without kids... (and she doesn't seem much like a Disney fanatic - not wanting to visit parks) ... I would plan some really NICE Meals...

No character meals and perhaps preference to meals OFF the Disney Dining plan.

Flying Fish falls into this category... as does Kouzzina's and Kimono's (sushi).... ALL of these are in the Boardwalk area... which can be pretty at night and fun...

Other examples... Sanaa...Portobello's.... Narcoosee's....rest. in France/Epcot...

I'm going against what I believe here and mentioning some restaurants I have not tried... but just trying to think empathetically... these are also some places that may still have ADR's...

Have a magical visit !

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter