Last minute shoppers

MamaLema

DIS Veteran
Are you in a panic yet?

No matter how hard I try, I just can't shop for Christmas early. I always feel like the Christmas hype starts so early so there is plenty of time to get all shopping done.

Today my DS12 said he is so excited because Christmas is coming soon. I haven't bought a single gift for anyone yet:scared1:

Anyone else?

Are you in a panic yet?

No matter how hard I try, I just can't shop for Christmas early. I always feel like the Christmas hype starts so early so there is plenty of time to get all shopping done.

Today my DS12 said he is so excited because Christmas is coming soon. I haven't bought a single gift for anyone yet:scared1:

Anyone else?
The only shopping I have done up to now is for the Adopt-a-Family we sponsored; that had to be done and ready to go on December 15. As for family and friends - nada**. We send money to DH's grown daughters and their families who both live away, so I guess there's that. But my plan is to finish planning what I'm going to buy for everyone else and shop a couple of evenings this coming week. Not the slightest bit stressed though - it'll all work out. :santa:

**Ooops, I lied. I got DS tickets to see Star Wars. He desperately wanted to go on premier day but I left it too late and the soonest ones I could get are for tomorrow.

Yeah not even started yet and looks like I will be spending the Christmas budget on a new furnace.

See procrastination does have it benefits. :rotfl2:

I'm heading out tomorrow morning and just banging it out. I hate shopping. The kids are taken care of, but the extended family, not at all. All of the craziness and annoying people get on my nerves. I figure I'll be able find something for everyone, but it all does seem like a waste. I wish Christmas was more like Thanksgiving. Food, family and fun. My own sister has requested an Amazon gift card so she can get something she wants. Terrific. How about we save the exchanging bit and just buy our own stuff when we need it from now on? I know...Scrooge here. :goodvibes

Terrific. How about we save the exchanging bit and just buy our own stuff when we need it from now on? I know...Scrooge here. :goodvibes

This is the reason we stopped exchanging. We were only buying things we could buy for ourselves anyway. So we just buy for the kids now and at the moment, the family 'kids' are either in their 20s or under 2.

Are you in a panic yet?

Anyone else?
I wait till the last moment. It's more fun that way, for me. I'll go Tuesday or Wednesday.

If I hadn't finished my shopping by now, let alone started l, I would be heavily dosed on Xanax. Lol. My nerves would not be able to take being that far behind. As it is, this am I just remembered that I haven't got any stocking stuffers for my son and my mom!! Now I need to run out this weeks to get them. I thought I was ahead of the game. Lol

I usually dont do shopping this late, but got it done in 2 days,lol.

dd had a baby this year, so it has been us trying to decide what to get.

of course baby is unaware of any of this, but it is fun.

but no waiting late next year

my exdh does it either day bedore xmas eve or on xmad eve.a couple years ago, his wife had to go out for a couple things they forgot on xmas eve, I went with her, oddly I had a few drinky poos , but there werent a lot of people, even though I.loathe walmart.

I try to start early, but I refuse to do it all myself, hubby is a huge procrastinator, and so we battle every Christmas. Oh, the joy!

yikes, everyhting will be picked over now. Really kids are the only ones you got to get shopping done, for adults you could get gifts cards Dec 24th, everyone likes them

tell me about it. I stopped at Dollar General yesterday just to pick up some plates for cookies, and the Christmas stuff was all rearranged onto one side of one aisle, and they were setting up all the Valentine's Day stuff. I said to the girl 'just a little early for that"? Her reply was that Easter stuff was going up in 2 weeks. Talk about rushing thru the holidays :(

My plan was to be finished by last Friday and, except for picking up a gift card, I thought I was done. :cool1: I'll add that we had a budget and I stuck to it.

My husband, who until that evening had zero interest in helping, looked over everything I had purchased and said that I didn't "buy enough" and that I needed to do some more shopping. If looks could kill. :rolleyes1

I actually enjoy going to stores the last week before Christmas, even if I already have everything purchased. I still need one gift for DD, but everyone else was completed last week. I rarely buy anything before December, but I'll start soon after Thanksgiving. Kohl's is now open 24 hours until Christmas Eve. I might go one day at 3am to see if anybody's there.

I got 75% of my shopping done in less than 2 hours online. Everything was delivered in a week. DH and I banged out the rest with a 2 hour blitz at the mall. He laughs at my list of items and list of stores to get them from, but it really saves time. All DH has to do is get my gifts. I doubt he's even started yet. They aren't under the tree yet.

Almost done. Th last think is an e gift card I'll get tomorrow for my dgd to shop st Sephora. No way I could choose that stuff for her. I got it all done in three hours yesterday

I bought the last of my gifts online today. I should have them in a couple of days thanks to Amazon Prime. I'm left with the last of the stocking gifts. Hopefully I can take care of that in a quick stop on Monday. Our big dinner is on Christmas Eve. I decided to order Christmas Day brunch and dinner from a local caterer so I can relax and enjoy myself.

Not panicing yet. I ordered the last of hubby's gifts on Amazon today, I am waiting for one that should arrive tomorrow, and one that I ordered from a local shop that may or may not make it by Christmas--they told me this before I placed the order. We need to pick up one more thing for DS12, stocking stuffers for both kids and maybe gift tags.

I haven't bought anything for my mother, and I have no idea what to get. I also need to pick up a gift card or two for my papa.

You posted this on Saturday, when there were still 6 full shopping days left. I guess I'm warped, 6 days is NOT last minute. Get back to us on Wednesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter