Last minute Scooter rental from offsite

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
We travel this spring to Disney for a week vacation. I have been battling plantar facilitis since Sept. I am in physical therapy and it's slow going with some flare-ups still. In fact right now my foot is flared up and it's making me nervous about our trip because of all the walking involved even thought I still have 2months before we leave.

Has anyone ever called a place like Apple Scooter while on vacation and been able to have a scooter delivered the following day to a Disney resort? Would there be any difference in price? Is this even an option? Or must one be reserved and scheduled way ahead of time. I am not sure if I will need one but I may not know until I am there. I would just feel better having a back up plan in case walking is causing me pain while on vacation. I can't imagine my husband pushing me in a wheelchair in the early May heat but I suppose that could be an option. The in park scooter rentals seem pricey and not always available.

This is unchartered territory for me so thanks for any insight in advance!

It really depends on when you go- the rental companies' goals are to be at full capacity. 60ish days from now is April- a normally busy time.

You can cancel the reservation in its entirety relatively shortly before your trip.

If you perceive that you may need it. I'd err on the side of caution and make a res and get an ECV.

If you didn't have one from an outside company, you could rent one on a daily basis in the parks.

I have rented from Buena Vista a number of times with the last couple ressies made when in the parks. Knees give out despite best intentions to walk the entire time. Buena Vista delivered to the resort and scooter was there for me to pick up next day. Of course availability depends upon demand but I've never had a problem. My suggestion would be to call several of the off site companies and discuss with them. They may have recommendations for you as to when/how to rent and cancellation policies. I have seen Apple and Walker scooters in the parks in addition to Buena Vista. Those companies seem to be the most common.

I would not rent from Apple simply because someone from their company keeps registering fake names here and starting threads advertising their company.

firstwdw said:
We travel this spring to Disney for a week vacation. I have been battling plantar facilitis since Sept. I am in physical therapy and it's slow going with some flare-ups still. In fact right now my foot is flared up and it's making me nervous about our trip because of all the walking involved even thought I still have 2months before we leave.

Has anyone ever called a place like Apple Scooter while on vacation and been able to have a scooter delivered the following day to a Disney resort? Would there be any difference in price? Is this even an option? Or must one be reserved and scheduled way ahead of time. I am not sure if I will need one but I may not know until I am there. I would just feel better having a back up plan in case walking is causing me pain while on vacation. I can't imagine my husband pushing me in a wheelchair in the early May heat but I suppose that could be an option. The in park scooter rentals seem pricey and not always available.

This is unchartered territory for me so thanks for any insight in advance!
I rented one last minute for a friend from Walker Mobility. They got to the airport and she realized her DH had forgotten to put the seat to her ECV in their vehicle! She gave me all of her info and I called Walker while they boarded the plane and Walker had one there for her when she arrived. Walker can no longer leave them, but they are excellent to deal with. When my own ECV was acting up, they gave me the name of a company for batteries. They told me if that didn't fix my problem (I suspected my batteries needed replacing!) Let them know and they could get me a rental right away and they even offered me a great price!! I highly recommend them. :)

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. We are going for the first week in May-not a busy time. I just wanted to know if people had any luck realizing they needed a scooter and getting one once they arrived. It seems that the park scooters are very expensive.
I have noticed many random reviews for Apple as well lately.

I would not rent from Apple simply because someone from their company keeps registering fake names here and starting threads advertising their company.

How do you know this?

I have noticed many random reviews for Apple as well lately.

I am long time poster here on the DIS. We used to use Walker's for my mom's ECV in the past, until we had a bad experience with one of their ECVs. Since that time we've used Apple Scooters and have never had a bad experience. Their staff have always been very nice and professional and their scooters in good shape. When I've seen the occasional bad review on them here on the DIS, I have responded with our positive experiences. I have no doubt there has been the occasional bad experience, but we've been lucky and have always had really good luck with them. In fact, we rented one from them this past Dec and also have one rented for our March 21st-31st trip. If I leave a good review for them I hope I'm not going to be accused of registering a fake name to advertise for them, after all I've been a member of the DIS since 2004.

thank you again-I have read good reviews on all scooter companies-will likely come down to if #1, I need one and #2 which company has a good price and availability!

Since joining this board back in 2010 I've noticed a lot of posts concerning Apple Scooter. In fact, the number of posts "seem” a bit disproportionate compared to posts concerning Buena Vista Scooters (a very large, well known company) and Walker Mobility (also large, well known and in business for over 30 years) for a company like Apple Scooter that started in January 2008. So I did some research and the results are upsetting to say the least as I hope this board is not populated by ad agency spam posts.

I did a Google search for Apple Scooters and in the first page of results I noticed a post from the Disboards so I clicked on "More results from Disboards" and was confused because some of the results had copyright info at the end, why? I've never seen copyright info on posts so I checked the company that held the copyright, Jelsoft Ltd. and Googled Jelsoft Ltd. The company overview I found was disturbing. It upsets me to think and leads me to believe that many "users" of this board may well be spam ad agency posts when nearly ANY Apple Scooter info is provided as a legitimate Disboard user opinion, but you decide.

Please Google Jelsoft Ltd. for more information.

My Google search for the posts looked like this: Apple Scooter Corp Orlando, FL site:www.disboards.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter