Last Minute Questions

DMBurns

Earning My Ears
Hi! My family and I are setting sail in just over two weeks on the Dream, and I just have some quick last minute questions, that I hope someone will be able to answer!
1) We will have two pack and plays in our room...We may be able to get one of my 2 year olds into a bed, but not sure. Anyway, do they supply bedding? I was hoping at least sheets?
2) My MIL told me that we are not allowed to wear flip flops to dinner?!?! Please tell me she's wrong?!?! We are only doing the 3 night cruise to the Bahamas.
3) To keep with dinner questions: we are not going to eat in the adults only restaurants, so what is appropriate for 2 year olds and hubby to wear? He's a tad annoyed because he was told no shorts.
4) If I bring a bottle of wine on board, is it true that I should bring my own opener because they charge $20 to uncork it at dinner?? And how many bottles can I bring on board?

I think that's it for now...I may be back with more!
Thanks!

1. I don't know, but I would think they would supply sheets...
2. I have worn flip flops to dinner, cannot imagine it would be a problem...
3. 2yos can wear absolutely anything! a pirate themed tee shirt would be cute on pirate night.
3a. Hubby can most definitely wear shorts... I would say try to have him refrain from gym shorts or jersey/tee shirt material shorts, but khaki shorts or other nicer shorts are perfectly acceptable.
4. Yes, there is a corkage fee if opened in the MDR... however, I believe your stateroom host will get you a corkscrew if you request it. It might just be easier to pack one.
4a. As many as you can carry! Yes, carry! They must be in your carryon, cannot go in packed/checked luggage.
4b. You can bring a glass of wine to MDR to drink w/dinner, but you cannot carry the bottle in, even opened, as you will incur the corkage fee.

Hope that helps :)
Happy Sailing!!

Hi! My family and I are setting sail in just over two weeks on the Dream, and I just have some quick last minute questions, that I hope someone will be able to answer!
1) We will have two pack and plays in our room...We may be able to get one of my 2 year olds into a bed, but not sure. Anyway, do they supply bedding? I was hoping at least sheets?
2) My MIL told me that we are not allowed to wear flip flops to dinner?!?! Please tell me she's wrong?!?! We are only doing the 3 night cruise to the Bahamas.
3) To keep with dinner questions: we are not going to eat in the adults only restaurants, so what is appropriate for 2 year olds and hubby to wear? He's a tad annoyed because he was told no shorts.
4) If I bring a bottle of wine on board, is it true that I should bring my own opener because they charge $20 to uncork it at dinner?? And how many bottles can I bring on board?

I think that's it for now...I may be back with more!
Thanks!

1) Yes.
2) You may wear flip-flops in the Main Dining Rooms. It's not accepted in Remy or Palo.
3) Shorts are OK for the MDRS. Unless he can't because you told him he can't :scratchin. The "dress code" for the MDRS only specifies "no swimwear or tank tops for dinner". Beyond that, you'll see pretty much anything.
4) If you bring a personal wine bottle into the dining room, you will be charged a corkage fee, regardless if you've already opened it or not. It's how the cruise lines get back a bit of what they are losing by not selling you a bottle of wine. You may bring as many beverages, of whatever type, you wish onboard. Only request is that it must be brought onboard in your carry on bags, not checked.

Hi! My family and I are setting sail in just over two weeks on the Dream, and I just have some quick last minute questions, that I hope someone will be able to answer! 1) We will have two pack and plays in our room...We may be able to get one of my 2 year olds into a bed, but not sure. Anyway, do they supply bedding? I was hoping at least sheets?
Just checking, are you bringing your own pack and plays? It just sounded like that when I read it. We used Disney's pack and play and it was all there when we got there - bedding etc. included. If you are bringing your own I would suspect that the room host thinks you're using the beds, so you would just need to ask them for pack and play bedding and they would be able to get it for you.

As mentioned above the corkage fee has nothing to do with the actual act of opening the bottle. You can open it your room and if you bring it to the dining room you will still be charged the corkage fee. It is just a service charge for not buying the wine from DCL.

You can certainly enjoy the wine in your cabin with no corkage fees. DCL does ask that alcohol brought onboard not be consumed in public areas (excluding the dining room where they will charge the corkage fee for bottle or box brought in).

MJ

Thanks everyone! Thanks for the heads up about the corkage fee, even if we bring it! Thank goodness I can wear flip flops!
And yes, we are getting the pack and plays from the hotel and ship. We're not packing them, thank goodness!

On the 3 night...it much more casual. Pirate night is definitely more casual.
MDR dinner, my hubby and sons where golf shirts or short-sleeve collared and cargo or flat front chino shorts to dinner. Myself sundress or Capri and a nice top. And I have wore sandals and nice flip flops.

The dining rooms are beautiful and the service is great. So, we tried to be respectful in our dress for our fellow cruiser and the staff. There are guest who dress up more, but it kind of sad when you see sloppy dress on such a lovely ship.

Have a great cruise we will be on the Dream on a 3 night 2 weeks after you.:)

1) Yes.
2) You may wear flip-flops in the Main Dining Rooms. It's not accepted in Remy or Palo.
3) Shorts are OK for the MDRS. Unless he can't because you told him he can't :scratchin. The "dress code" for the MDRS only specifies "no swimwear or tank tops for dinner". Beyond that, you'll see pretty much anything.
4) If you bring a personal wine bottle into the dining room, you will be charged a corkage fee, regardless if you've already opened it or not. It's how the cruise lines get back a bit of what they are losing by not selling you a bottle of wine. You may bring as many beverages, of whatever type, you wish onboard. Only request is that it must be brought onboard in your carry on bags, not checked.

:offtopic:
Were my answers not adequate or was there something lacking that led you to give almost identical responses to the OP? It's not like you had to read a ten page thread before responding... it was just two posts!

popcorn::

:offtopic:
Were my answers not adequate or was there something lacking that led you to give almost identical responses to the OP? It's not like you had to read a ten page thread before responding... it was just two posts!

popcorn::

Sorry, at the time I read the first post, there were no responses. I think my computer and DISboards has communication issues sometimes.

Sorry, at the time I read the first post, there were no responses. I think my computer and DISboards has communication issues sometimes.

This happens to me all the time.....I think I am helping someone who has gotten no responses. By the time I am done typing there are 3 post with better answers.

I think the more help the better!.....:)

This happens to me all the time.....I think I am helping someone who has gotten no responses. By the time I am done typing there are 3 post with better answers.

I think the more help the better!.....:)

I agree. Even if someone posts exactly the same thing I post, I don't get upset. The OP probably appreciates the confirmation that what I posted is correct.

Fwiw, the dining rooms can be cold. I cannot even not imagine wearing flip flops to dinner as my feet would freeze. And my son, who runs hot, has never complained about wearing khaki pants and even a long sleeved polo to dinner because it's cold in there. I wear dresses and nylons to dinner. Last dcl cruise I had to run to the room to get a wrap because I was shivering. And DH wears long pants to match us and the prettiness of the dining rooms.

Wearing warmer clothes to dinner might be something to think about. Dining rooms are nicely air conditioned, and shorts and nearly bare feet might not be enough for you, and especially a little kid, depending on how each individual deals with cold rooms!

I find it even worse if I've been out in the sun that day. Apparently I'm not fully a mammal since I have a hard time regulating body temperature lol.

My only issue here is with having two pack 'n play on a room. I'm not sure how you could fit them - barely any space for one... There's more space on cat 4 rooms.

That said, it'll be less space if you try to open the couch...

Category 9 on the Magic or Wonder.

P1020752.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter