Last minute PTR!It's supposed to rain

Toria

It all started with a mouse
I'm Toria and I've only done trip reports for the DCL cruises that we've taken. Well this trip came about as an end of the school year celebration for my kids. Then it turned into a sweet 16 celebration for my son. I allowed him to choose 2 friends to bring along for this trip. He chose to do this instead of a party. So the traveling party consists of myself, a 12 girl and three 15 year old boys. My hubby is still on the fence about going and the trip is 4 days away. He hates the parks, but my son is trying his best to make him feel guilty about not going to celebrate his bday. Stay tuned to see how that pans out.
We live about 5 hours from Orlando and the drive is pretty much a straight shot. I plan on leaving around 2:30 am on Monday morning. I love leaving around this time because of a couple of reasons. The main reason being is that the kids will sleep the entire way there and I only stop once for gas and my restroom break. Traffic is great at that time of morning and there are not alot of State Troopers out. I don't really speed, but there are times when I catch myself going faster than I should. We should make it in time for park opening after a stop for breakfast. We will stay at the park until check in time at the resort. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Resort and Waterpark, which used to be the Nickelodeon Resort. They have undergone a 30 million dollar rehab and I can't wait to see it. I found a great rate directly on their website. They started taking new reservations starting in June. I feel really disappointed about the driving distance to Universal though. I want to stay of I-4 as much as possible. I'll look for some back roads. The room I booked sleeps 6 people. It has a living room with pull out sofa, a bunk room and master bedroom. It was the best price for the number of people with me.
Anywho, after resting an hour or so and checking out the resort we will head back to Universal and spend the rest of the day there.
I've also been checking the forecast and it's 80% rain for 2 of our 3 days at the park. I've looked up things to do indoors, so I I'll post what we did if it comes to it. I'm buying ponchos as well and I know that most of Universals' rides are on the inside. I also may push our leaving date to one day later. Stay tuned pics to come.

Last edited:
I think Universal has a ton of indoor rides that don't close with the rain! :goodvibes Have a terrific trip!

Nice birthday gift for your son.......I'm sure once your husband gets there he'll enjoy himself......

Hope you have an absolute blast.......kids will for sure.......look forward to reading about it......

Hope y'all made it safely and enjoyed it (rain or not).
Happy sweet 16 to your son! My DD will be 16 in Nov and I keep thinking what the heck happened?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter