Last minute prices

WeLoveStitch42

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering what kind of prices I can reasonably expect for a last minute cruise booking. My sons (18 & 15) and I will be in Florida this summer for a conference. As admitted DCL addicts, we thought we might add a cruise in. This will also push us to gold CC status. We are thinking about doing a 3 or 4 day Bahamas cruise from Port Canaveral, or even a b2b, if they are cheap enough. We would like an ocean view room, and it needs to have 3 beds/bunks. We're driving, so our schedule is flexible, but I'd like to book at least a week or two out, since it will be a two day drive down there.
Any thoughts or previous experience on prices? What can we expect, and when should we jump on a fare?
Thanks!

I'm wondering what kind of prices I can reasonably expect for a last minute cruise booking. My sons (18 & 15) and I will be in Florida this summer for a conference. As admitted DCL addicts, we thought we might add a cruise in. This will also push us to gold CC status. We are thinking about doing a 3 or 4 day Bahamas cruise from Port Canaveral, or even a b2b, if they are cheap enough. We would like an ocean view room, and it needs to have 3 beds/bunks.
Any thoughts or previous experience on prices? What can we expect, and when should we jump on a fare?
Thanks!
Typically, the last minute restricted fares, while lower than the prevailing rate, are still higher than opening day prices. Rarely, they may be lower. Maybe, as a rule of thumb, I'd say that the last minute rates are a little above what opening day prices were.

It's going to vary based on cruise date and how well that cruise has sold. There are currently *GTs offered on some cruises into early July. You can check this thread to see those offers and compare to the "regular" fare currently available online to know how discounted it is. Then keep an eye on your cruise(s) of interest.

As to beds... I don't know that you can be guaranteed a 4-person stateroom if only booking 3 passengers on a *GT.

Enjoy your cruise!

You might want to take a look at this thread started by @Justacruiser:
http://disboards.com/threads/curren...scounts-and-my-sleeper-rates.3244232/page-120

It gives the last minute discounts for the past two years. It doesn't sound like you are Florida residents. So, you'll want to look at the *GT rates and, if you are military, the MTO rates. Last minute discounts usually come out around 60 days in advance, but can show up even closer to the sail date. Once discounts appear, they usually stay at the same price and don't decrease more.

I have booked every cruise we've been with some kind of last minute discount. The 3 and 4 night cruises are discounted the least often. Discounts usually come out about 60 days in advance. I'm not sure why some people always bring up opening day prices. It is completely irrelevant if your somebody that can't plan your life 2 years in advance. In your case it's really irrelevant since your looking at this Summer. If they offer a GT rate I would expect to see 20% off current prices. Sometimes it better than opening day prices sometimes it's not, but that's not important at this point. I don't think you can be guaranteed a room that sleeps 4 unless you want to pay for four. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I have booked every cruise we've been with some kind of last minute discount. The 3 and 4 night cruises are discounted the least often. Discounts usually come out about 60 days in advance. I'm not sure why some people always bring up opening day prices. It is completely irrelevant if your somebody that can't plan your life 2 years in advance. In your case it's really irrelevant since your looking at this Summer. If they offer a GT rate I would expect to see 20% off current prices. Sometimes it better than opening day prices sometimes it's not, but that's not important at this point. I don't think you can be guaranteed a room that sleeps 4 unless you want to pay for four. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks. Yes, opening day prices are of no use to me, since I am talking about cruises 2 months from now.
Once a GT rate comes out, is there any chance the price will go lower? Or should I just book it and be done?

Thanks. Yes, opening day prices are of no use to me, since I am talking about cruises 2 months from now.
Once a GT rate comes out, is there any chance the price will go lower? Or should I just book it and be done?
If a rate comes out that you like, you should book it immediately. The really good deals can sell out in a day. And they almost never are reduced. I can remember it happening maybe once that I heard of. It's not something to plan on, that's for sure :)

No they won't go lower. They will offer discounts lower than GT rates to MTO, FLR, interline, TA's etc, but the GT rates are set. If your happy with the price I would book right away.

You might want to take a look at this thread started by @Justacruiser:
http://disboards.com/threads/curren...scounts-and-my-sleeper-rates.3244232/page-120

It gives the last minute discounts for the past two years. It doesn't sound like you are Florida residents. So, you'll want to look at the *GT rates and, if you are military, the MTO rates. Last minute discounts usually come out around 60 days in advance, but can show up even closer to the sail date. Once discounts appear, they usually stay at the same price and don't decrease more.
Are there discounts for Florida residents, and where do I find them?

Are there discounts for Florida residents, and where do I find them?

Yes, at times for specific cruises. When available they are on the DCL website, under the Cruises & Destinations drop-down menu select "Special Rate and Offers"

And the thread linked in post #4 above by houseofduck has also been tracking FLR discounts.

Enjoy your cruise!

No they won't go lower. They will offer discounts lower than GT rates to MTO, FLR, interline, TA's etc, but the GT rates are set. If your happy with the price I would book right away.

I just want to add that sometimes, a VGT (veranda) rate will be released, but later, an OGT (oceanview) or IGT (inside) rate gets released. So, in that way, a lower rate may be released for different categories at a later date. But, as others have said, each category rate typically stays the same, once released. The only time I have ever seen a rate go down after it had been released was with the westbound Panama Canal cruise last May. An OGT rate was released and then lowered.

I just want to add that sometimes, a VGT (veranda) rate will be released, but later, an OGT (oceanview) or IGT (inside) rate gets released. So, in that way, a lower rate may be released for different categories at a later date. But, as others have said, each category rate typically stays the same, once released. The only time I have ever seen a rate go down after it had been released was with the westbound Panama Canal cruise last May. An OGT rate was released and then lowered.
Ive added a person to a vgt rate. It wasnt a problem. I wonder if the would let you upgrade from an ogt to a vgt. Ive never tried it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter