Last minute park ticket purchase?

futuremommy

Earning My Ears
We have just decided to go to Disney for our first time. With our three children. We leave in three weeks!

I'm slowly learning. Lol

My question about park tickets. Do they mail them to you? We are staying off-site. Will they get to me in time? Should I just wait and buy tickets at the gate? Are there reasons I should buy in advance?

Also, what do tickets look like? Are they bracelets? Paper? Do we have to show them at every ride? Our baby is 16 months old. Do we need anything for her? It seems that under 3 is free on the site.

TIA

You should go ahead and order them so you can make your fastpass reservations. If you're worried about getting them in time, you can choose to pick them up at will call.

Tickets are plastic and are the same size as credit cards. You won't need to show your ticket at every ride, just the ones you have fastpasses for.

You won't need a ticket for the 16 month old.

Undercover Tourist is cheaper than Disney and is a very reputable ticket dealer. I bought our tickets last year through them and they arrived in a few days. Link them to MyDisneyExperience on the Disney website and you're set to make Fastpass+ selections!

Tip: It's too late now for this trip, but before you go on your next trip (yes there will be a next) go to Mousesavers.com and register for their monthly newsletter (15th of every month). You'll get a link to even cheaper tickets with UT!

Might I suggest also that you make touring plans for your trip. Go to touring plans.com...it's a great resource! Good luck and have a blast!! :dogdance:

Are you staying onsite in a Disney hotel? This makes a difference.

1. If you are staying onsite and buy your tickets now then there will be no need to pick up tickets because you can link them in your MDE account and you can use the magic bands they give you as your park ticket.

2. If you aren't staying onsite then just choose the pick up at will call option and then you will recieve the plastic tickets when you goto pick them up.

And either way I would suggest buying your tickets now so you can reserve your fastpasses.

Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter