Last Minute Panic - Need New Ideas for Proposal

musicmantrs

Mouseketeer
I plan on proposing at Disney and have the ring (with me while I'm at work so she doesn't find it). My original plan was to do it Tuesday at the Poly beach during wishes right before our Citricos reservation. Now I'm thinking of where I can hide the ring during that time since we'll be in the same room. I'd also like for the whole trip to kind of be a celebration instead of just the last night. Ideally it would be in the safe but if it is in there it would be hard to not tell her the combo so she could put her jewelry in there as well. So I guess the question is what would still be special to do tomorrow night? We're not going to MVMCP tomorrow because we have to be up early Saturday for the 5k.

First of all, congratulations! :rotfl2: What an exciting time for both of you! I like your wishes idea. I think anywhere you propose in Disney is going to be magical! Even on the monorail would be exciting for me!! You'll know when time is right! Maybe we'll be lucky enough to witness it! We'll be there on Saturday! :cool1:

Could you somehow hide it on you and propose at the finish line or somewhere along the race path??

Sneak away to the front desk of your hotel. Have them put the ring in the hotel safe. That is exactly what this is for. Don't try and hide it in your room. Let them take care of it for you. :thumbsup2

As for the proposal, I always thought it would be cool if you somehow could get that balloon thingy in Downtown reserved for just the two of you. :)

I plan on proposing at Disney and have the ring (with me while I'm at work so she doesn't find it). My original plan was to do it Tuesday at the Poly beach during wishes right before our Citricos reservation. Now I'm thinking of where I can hide the ring during that time since we'll be in the same room. I'd also like for the whole trip to kind of be a celebration instead of just the last night. Ideally it would be in the safe but if it is in there it would be hard to not tell her the combo so she could put her jewelry in there as well. So I guess the question is what would still be special to do tomorrow night? We're not going to MVMCP tomorrow because we have to be up early Saturday for the 5k.

I agree with the PP that said that any place at Disney would be special for a proposal!!! Congrats by the way!!! :thumbsup2

That being said, it looks like you are staying at CBR. The lagoon area at CBR was very pretty and "romantic". You could do it at one of the sandy beach areas or directly seeing Spaceship Earth across the way. I think that would be spectacular. And, it would be pretty easy too! Check into the room, and then take a walk to OPR...on the way, stop to look at the view and BAM! Pop the question. :faint:

I think it would be fantastic...especially if you timed it right and the high fireworks from IllumiNations started just after she says yes...:cloud9:

I agree that you could propose just about anywhere & it will be special & she will remember it always. (But also very romantic to propose right in front of the Castle!)

Personally I'm a huge fan of impromptu, in-the-moment proposals that aren't all glitzy & set up - taking an ordinary moment & making it extraordinary..... MAGIC! pixiedust:

Congratulations!

Can you still go to the Poly beach to watch Holiday Wishes?
Or maybe in MK during the castle dream light show?

Sooo many choices. Get on one those ole cars in the MK that drives from the station to the castle... Do it there..

Get on her favorite ride and do it in the shop just after that ride. Take her to dinner at the castle and do it in front of the window during dinnner... looking out on all of MK.

Top of Robinson tree? In mickey's house? Top of Everest, on the safari?

What does she love? What ride/attraction is special?

Thinking romance i'd say either the Beauty and beast show at Hollywood or the fireworks fantasmic.

How about calling Citricos and set something up there? Maybe a special dessert with the ring in it? You could leave the table with the guise of going to the men's room and give the ring to the server.

I second the hotel safe.

These are all great ideas, I thought about Christmas Wishes but that doesn't start until 9 and my plan is to go to MK until 7 and then have an early night. I've never stayed at CBR and didn't know you could see spaceship Earth from the lake. I really want to be somewhere that we could get a PP photog to take our picture soon after or during (ask if they could take a picture and then do it right when they get ready - I think they would pick up on it and take a few). I'm getting PP+ for the trip and think it would be neat to kind of catch the event. That is what is steering me away from the Poly beach or CBR.

Congratulations!

If it were me, I would love to be proposed to in front of Cinderella Castle. Other than that, I would say maybe on her favorite ride. Or if she has a favorite show, see if one of the CMs can help you out. Umm... The beach at CBR or during any fireworks.

Does she have a favorite character? Maybe meet them? Have them involved , or holding the ring...something like that?

What about the pick a pearl booth? Go to pick a pearl, and maybe act like you forgot your wallet, and can't do it.... And be all, well, maybe this will work instead....
Then drop to one knee?

However you decide to do it, make sure to swing by and get Just Engaged buttons before you pop the question :) Then you'll have those to wear the rest of the trip, and they'll make for a great memory!

Congrats! How exciting.

Wherever you decide to do it, I recommend doing it as soon as you can once you are on your trip. I got engaged on the third day of a month long road trip, and it was great being able to spend the rest of the month together, celebrating our engagement. Make sure to get the engaged buttons!

To the right of the Castle (from Main Street) there is almost always a PP photog by the edge of the Rose Garden... on your way out of MK on your first night stoll over to get a picture taken and ta da pixiedust: you now have an awesome proposal by the castle with pictures without having to be in the Hub in the hustle and bustle.:cloud9: then stop and get Just Engaged buttons on your way out of the park Guest Relations

Congrats to you!! I like the idea of doing it in front of the castle...just try and catch a PP photographer to let them in on the secret. Maybe do it during the lighting of Cinderella's Castle Dream lights!

You've gotten some lovely ideas so far. I just wanted to reiterate what one poster mentioned: when you arrive, have the front desk place the ring in their safe. It's most secure there, and you won't have to worry about your fiancee having access to the room safe.

My brother proposed to his now wife in front of the castle in Disneyland. He had talked to a photo pass person right before and he was able to catch it all. That would make an amazing picture at night with the lights all lit up!!!!

CONGRATS!
Make sure to share with us when you get home!

I do like the Rose area photographer, will they do a lighting ceremony on a MVMCP night before 7?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter