• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute ME

aljer

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone could help me with this Magical Express question. We are going on July 27th and currently do not have magical express reservations because we are planning on renting a car. We might cancel our rental car and use ME, do we still have time to do that? Any info would be great, thank you.

According to "Allears" you can arrange for DME at the airport depending upon availability (you'll have to grab your own bags). You can make reservations though up to 10 days in advance of your arrival.

You could always just take a cab tot he hotel and arrange for DME back to the airport if all else fails

According to "Allears" you can arrange for DME at the airport depending upon availability (you'll have to grab your own bags).
If allears is reporting that, then they are advising guests and Disney to violate the terms of Disney's contract with the Greater Orlando Airport Authority. Disney specifically agreed NOT to allow walk-ups, as of the contract announced in March 2006. Perhaps allears has outdated information that was in effect between May 2005 and March 2006.

I couldn't find where allears stated anything about 'booking' DME at the airport.

http://allears.net/acc/mexpress.htm states, in part:

How Disney's Magical Express ARRIVAL service works:

* Disney's Magical Express must be booked at least 10 days prior to arrival through disneyworld.com, Disney Reservation Center by calling 407-W-DISNEY or a travel agent. Be sure to have your Arriving Flight Number and time into the Orlando International Airport as well as your Departing Flight Number and time out of the Orlando International Airport as well as the name of the airlines you are flying. We HIGHLY recommend booking this service a minimum of 6 weeks in advance!

You can arrive at MCO and then head to the Mears counter. You can arrange for a ride on their bus/van to your WDW resort. And you could be put on the DME bus, but you will have paid for that ride.
That's the only way you can ride DME to your resort without having made a prior reservation.
Otherwise, you can book DME the day before you arrive in Orlando. But..you won't get your info packet or luggage tags...obviously. But, you will be in the system. I would just head to baggage claim and get the bags and bring them to the DME checkin area with you, then to the bus with you. You will be expected to tip the driver and bell services at the resort, but it's easier than giving the info to the DME people and having them retrieve the bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter