Last minute injury :(

2infinityandbeyond

DIS Veteran
DS10 is currently on crutches and in an air cast after injuring his foot last week. We will be on the Dream 8/12-16. We booked snorkeling and parasailing on CC, and chances are he won't be able to do either. His next doctor's appt. is on Thursday, the day we fly to Orlando. We'll find out then if he needs to stay in the cast.

Question--what is the latest I can cancel his parasailing and snorkeling reservations? I don't want to cancel until we know for sure that he can or can't participate.

DS10 is currently on crutches and in an air cast after injuring his foot last week. We will be on the Dream 8/12-16. We booked snorkeling and parasailing on CC, and chances are he won't be able to do either. His next doctor's appt. is on Thursday, the day we fly to Orlando. We'll find out then if he needs to stay in the cast.

Question--what is the latest I can cancel his parasailing and snorkeling reservations? I don't want to cancel until we know for sure that he can or can't participate.

We cancelled 24 hours in advance when my daughter got sun burned

You can cancel under those circumstances, when you get onboard.
They make nifty things now, to go over a cast, so that he can still swim. :thumbsup2

The policy on the DCL web site is that you must cancel 3 days before embarkation to avoid a charge. In reality, they are more flexible after you board. IF they can re-sell your reservation, you will not be charged. Often for a medical reason they will just cancel the reservation and not charge you. Just go to the "Port Adventures" desk after boarding and they'll take care of you.

Ask your doctor about a Gortex cast, if he still needs it. My ds broke his arm about a week before our Caribbean Cruise last year. Our wonderful orthopedic doc found out about the cruise and put him in one of these casts. It can get wet!!! So, I wouldn't cancel the excursions just yet!

I broke my wrist in december and thankfully got the cast off 1 week before our january cruise. Still my ortho said no to jetskiing and anything else where there could be a chance of sudden impact

someone on disboards recommended this- it was a lifesaver for showering!
http://www.xerosox.com/

Hopefully your DS can do all the port adventures you have planned, but last year I seriously injured my ankle on the ship (total freak accident!), and it made it so I could not do any of the port adventures I had booked after the injury. My DH went to the Port Adventures desk and explained the situation (I also had to go to the ship hospital, so the doctor on the ship sent a note to the Port Adventure desk), and with no hesitation, they 100% refunded all of my Port Adventures...

So, if worst case happens and your DH cannot do the Port Adventures you have planned after it's too late to cancel, talk to the Port Adventure desk on the ship and hopefully they will fully refund his Port Adventures. It also might help if your DS's doctor writes a note saying for medical reasons he is not able to do the Port Adventures, and this might help with getting a full refund, if you feel your DS can't do the activities once you are on the ship.

Good luck and I hope you can figure out a way for him to do everything you guys have planned for the cruise. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter