Last Minute Hotel Price Breaks

starlitsinger88

Earning My Ears
I just ended up changing my hotel last minute because of an unfortunate story I read about the place we were planning staying at. When I was frantically searching for last minute replacement hotels, I found out that most of the places directly across from Disneyland and all of the official Disneyland resort hotels were all booked up for our 10/5-10/8 trip.

This may sound silly, but as a frequent last minute traveler, this really surprised me! I have gotten so many last minute reservations before, and have very rarely been faced with a blackout.

So, here is the question: Is there any chance that something at one of the official hotels will open up last minute? Do they hold rooms? I already found a replacement, but now I'm curious. Is it possible to get a price break if you wait till the last minute with Disneyland resort hotels?

Which DLR hotel did you want? I have a reservation at PPH that I am thinking of canceling from 10/5-10/12. It is at the Gay Days rates of 169/nt.

It is possible, but since that weekend is the Gay Days convention and also a Halloween Party, the hotels are really booked for those dates. We've had better luck calling the the hotels directly to ask about cancellations. Sometimes the front desk staff can find a room that doesn't show up online.

I have noticed there many posts of people booking at more than one hotel and then making a decision close to their dates and canceling the other reservations so I would say there is a chance of rooms opening up. However, with occupancy pretty high, probably not at a price break.

I've just been encountering the same issue!
We had an opportunity for a last minute family holiday, thanks to DH's generous boss. :)
We were looking at the same timeframe, and I couldn't find any openings at a hotel!
I checked the Disney hotels, Desert Inn & Suites, Hojo, all the Good Neighbor Hotels on the Disney website. No luck! If you look further out, there were some openings, but they were too far to walk.
I recommend calling the hotels directly. You might get lucky with a cancellation.
Hope you find something! We are going to Banff instead. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter