Last Minute Disney Christmas-Help plan please!

Icecoldpenguin

May the Force Be With You
We are a true Disney couple that has lived locally for the past 2 years. We are moving back to Texas at the first of the year and we wanted one last disney trip before we head back. We have done Disney at christmas before so we know how busy it is and all that jazz...in fact we come on most major holidays because we like the punishment (just kidding) we find it fun!

So we booked a little mermaid room at AoA for Christmas Eve. Now I just need to figure out which 2 parks we will do christmas eve and which 2 parks christmas day.

I want to make fast passes today so any help would be great. Here is the low down on times

12/24: (EMH times are included in park times
MK: 7am to 1am with EMH morning
DHS: 9am to 12am with EMH night
AK: 8am to 8pm
Epcot: 9am to 9:30pm

12/25:
MK: 7am to 1am with EMH morning
DHS: 8am to 10pm
AK: 8am to 8pm
Epcot: 8am to 11:30pm with EMH night

Any suggestions for which 2 parks christmas eve and which 2 christmas day? We are also going to go stop by all the MK resorts which are our favorites and grab a couple of meals but I will make meals based around which parks we decide on. In addition our last stop will be the Swan to visit our wedding location.

We are calling it our See You Real Soon Disney Goodbye Trip. So any help would be amazing :lovestruc TIA

Teresa

You say that you have been at Christmas before, so I am going to guess that you've been to the MK on that day. If so, I would skip the MK on Christmas and do it on another day. I would assume that Epcot and MK are the two busiest parks on Christmas Day and Touring Plans backs this up. But if you want to go to two parks each day, that would require that one of the two parks be open late or else you wouldn't get the most out of the second park. So this makes the puzzle a little tricky. I would go to the MK as early as humanly possible on 12/24 and then head over to Epcot later in the day. Even though Epcot is only open until 9:30, I would choose this over DHS which has late EMH because evening EMH at DHS gives me pause. That park does not swallow crowds very well, and when it gets crowded there, it seems really, really crowded.

If you call it a night after Epcot closes, you should be able to check out some resorts and still be up and ready to attack Rope Drop on Christmas Day. I would hit DHS first thing and then mop up at AK later in the day. By doing this, you will be avoiding both parks with EMH on Christmas day which I think is the best strategy. And going to AK last with a closing time of 8:00 should work out well. This would leave you with some time in the evening to go resort hopping. Not sure when else you would squeeze that in if you are in parks from 7:00 am-midnight both days.

Hmm fair points that I had not thought about when it comes to doing the parks...Avoiding the EMH parks could be good or bad on Christmas Day. Of course MK and Epcot will be slammed on Christmas Day so you are probably correct to do DHS and AK that day...Thanks for the thoughts now I shall ponder a little more...

We were there last Sat. night in the MK. I would end my late night there. After the 11:00 parade, the rides all emptied out! Especially from 12 pm-2 am, ( we didn't make it until 3 am), it was a walk on for every ride, but 7DMT, and that was only 30 min.

We were there last Sat. night in the MK. I would end my late night there. After the 11:00 parade, the rides all emptied out! Especially from 12 pm-2 am, ( we didn't make it until 3 am), it was a walk on for every ride, but 7DMT, and that was only 30 min.

The problem is, if you don't start your day at the MK, you might not get in.

True but....a lot of people leave after about 12-1 and come back about 5-6 this was true the past two christmas days and new year's...so its really all up in the air. I wish we could just wing it but with fast pass+ i need to snag stuff so we can ride some things...ya know...I am still thinking and will wait to see if anyone else chimes in before I make a final decision

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter