• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last Minute Discounts

Kiwigirl839

Earning My Ears
Does Disney offer last minute discounts?

Would they drastically discount rooms rather than leave them unsold?

Would love to grab a family suite at AoA but can't see spending another $1200 at this point.

Not that I have ever heard. I have booked same day reservations and paid rack rate.

They do not offer last minute discounts. In the last quarterly earnings report Disney reported hotel occupancy at 90%, in the hotel industry that is almost a constantly full house. It is difficult to get beyond 90 with rooms out of inventory, having people checking and out on certain days etc. Disney does not need to offer the discounts but even when times were leaner they did not offer last minute discounts.

They like to protect the brand and would rather rooms go unsold than be perceived as available discounted at the last minute. If you want the experience of AOA just switch to a regular room. From your signature it looks like there are 4 in your party so you would be fine in the regular room.

Nope. In the past ten years that we've traveled to Disney the only discounts we've seen are the various seasonal discounts they offer from time to time. The discount needs to be booked by a certain date. Once that date rolls around, rack rate is what you'll pay if you didn't apply the discount to your room.

Thank you. Thought I'd ask. Those rooms look wonderful but that much difference is almost another trip to somewhere warm next winter :)

The only discoun you can get last minute, like same day would be the military salute. However you have to either active or retired military to partake in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter