Last minute Availability?

Jaylin

Mouseketeer
HI all,
I'm trying to do a quick last minute trip 9/29-10/1. (never did this before, always an 11mos out planner)
Is it normal that absolutely nothing, no resorts, no rooms of any kind, are available?
It's not like it's summer? I was just surprised.

From what I’ve experienced Fall is the busiest time for DVC. DVC availability doesn’t track with general park crowd calendars. The Fall and any low points times are very hard to get last minute.

HI all,
I'm trying to do a quick last minute trip 9/29-10/1. (never did this before, always an 11mos out planner)
Is it normal that absolutely nothing, no resorts, no rooms of any kind, are available?
Very normal. Keep checking somebody may cancel, you never know.

HI all,
Put in a waitlist for 2 acceptable villas, but also keep checking manually, multiple times a day. As above, it’s not at all unusual for DVC to be 100% booked this close, especially during September, the cheapest season of the year, with Food & Wine and MNSSHP in full swing.

Remember , all rooms still not booked within 60 days of check in can be offered by DVC to cash guests.

When you are within a week of wanting to go, you can call DVC and sometimes they have the ability to call back one of those rooms if it has not yet been booked.

But, people do sometimes have to cancel last minute so keep checking.

HI all,
Fall through marathon weekend - yes. Also you’re 2 weeks out - DVC takes unbooked villas - breakage - at 60 days out & rents them out for cash bookings.

HI all,
I have those dates but looking for the 27th. and 28th. No luck.

Fall through marathon weekend - yes. Also you’re 2 weeks out - DVC takes unbooked villas - breakage - at 60 days out & rents them out for cash bookings.

All year round it can be tough to get more than a night here or there two weeks out. DVC is sold to be booked to capacity - when it isn't at capacity, someone isn't spending their points. But yes, its worse in the Fall into early January - worse than Summer or any other time of year. And yes, its possible that someone will do a last minute cancellation.

Remember that DVC has some rooms pulled for renovation this month - I know Beach Club and BoardWalk, I'm not sure where else. That limits the pool of rooms that people could book.

Late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan is DVC's high to extremely high demand time, and having difficulty getting last minute reservations is often difficult. Added to the issue this year is that the Disney 100-year anniversary celebration at Disney World will occur from Sep 22 to Dec 31.

We had to cancel very last minute a few years ago in October due to a sudden death in the family. So cancellations are possible even for this very busy time. Good luck.

Keep checking. Stuff absolutely pops up last minute. I got a BC studio last time I did this.

Waitlist SSR and OKW to make sure you get something. If someone else fills their waitlist, those are the rooms they will cancel.

You need to check this constantly, really stalk it.

I just booked a CCV studio this afternoon for mid October. Totally last minute trip idea. There were several resorts to choose from AKV, OKW, SSR and PVB. Was shocked tbh but like others have said, stuff happens and people cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter