• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute advice

abbie13_15

DIS Veteran
We are going to disney in a little over a week. what are some last minute pointers can you give me?

dont over pack and don't try to do everything in 4 days :)! Just have an open mind and have a blast! Have a great trip! :wave:

Stop for sit down meals in the heat of the day. The AC will really refresh you, and you will not be fighting the highest peak crowds. (2-4:30 is our favorite time)

Take deep breaths when you feel like you might be feeling less than magical!

:thumbsup2

Learn to sweat gracefully.

Dress appropriately for the weather which may mean doing the hair in a just a pony tail, and no muss no fuss makeup.

Wear sunscreen!

Be sure to stay hydrated! It's easy to underestimate the amount of water you need to drink in a hot, humid climate. I got heat exhaustion one year in Martinique (not a pleasant experience, let me tell you!).

If you have kids, really watch the excitement on their faces a few times. Makes it all worth it!

12 days till leaving for WDW!

Get up very early, break when the heat/crowds is too much, enjoy your resort/pool. Plan some low-energy evening activities.

Remember to sit down when you are tired. A few minutes (even 15 or 20) sitting on a bench having a drink of water when you get tired or thirsty will do wonders for you. Have a great time!! pixiedust:

I agree with everyone else. Take that afternoon break. I am always amazed how many people get a late start in the morning. Take advantage of the cooler hours of the day and the smaller crowds and avoid the heat in the afternoon. Enjoy your trip. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

split the day up by going early, takea break in the afternoon and going back later. Do not be afraid to nap or sit in the pool and do nothing during your rest.

Drink plenty of Water!!! A great pickme up snack is in adventureland. It is a pineapple icecream/juice mix. If youa re in epcot get a free sip in the new ice station cool. If you are in Animal Kingdon just be prepared to be hot this time of year.

Most importantly...have fun no matter what!!! If you do three rides and eat lunch in thepark and that is all...who cares!!!! You are on vacation in happiest place on Earth and everyone at home is jeolous of you.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter