• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute advice? Leaving for airport, crutchces and all

Darcy

Well behaved women rarely make history-Margaret Th
Well, it is finally time for ...vacation, and we are scrambling to get things together...i do better under pressure or at least I terll myself i do :smooth:.

My my pattella (knee) was shown to be disingrated on the MRI (dr did not know how I was a ble to walk) and there was a lot of marrow on the outside of the bone (don't know exactly what that means???) anyway, got put on crutches and in a space age knee brace. I'm suppose to use the crutches as much as possible and the knee brace always. my real problem is I can walk without either (and not always in pain) so I tend to forget them.

So it is our fist time to WDW, so if there is something I just gotta know about there tell me know...would hat to miss something importnt

And fianally thanks to the board for sending me educated on so many things!!!

My kids won't get out of bed this morning...errr. closer to afternoon...can you believe it...I mean WE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD, how can they sleep.

If they don't get up and find gameboys, noone will be happy on the plane. Time for blanket removal and icewater next:rotfl:

I would also suggest that you get a scooter/ECV. You don't want to overstress your knee and there is a lot of ground to cover.

And have fun!!

And when you get back, have your doc explain what is going on better. Your bone marrow will not be outside the bone. You may have lost some of the cartilage...but marrow doesn't just ooze out. :)

Darcy,I'm in the same boat as you...My left patella was fractured and i'm facing surgery on sept 14th...my disney vacation is sept 1-10th..I have a cane but my knee dont always hurt...so i'm going to go and try to walk around the best i can...good luck to you...have fun...pop century here we come.. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter