Last min. questions

Allie in Wonderland

DIS Veteran
I am sure most of you know peasant skirts have become very popular. Do you think a peasant skirt and a peasant shirt would be ok for an adult on formal or semi formal night? :confused3

Did a lot of teens participate in pirates night? pirate:

What are some teen activities you would put in the don't miss catogorie? A lot of them have changed since my last cruise. :thewave:

Are any teens cruising on the magic on the 30th of july 2005? ::MickeyMo :sunny: ::MickeyMo

Hi!

I only have boys, but thought I'd bump this for you since you are going towards the bottom :)

Deb

Oh my I am surprised no one has answered your question. I think if you dress nicely you are fine. Are you a teenager? I am only wondering because of the question about teens at pirate night. Or are you asking for a teenager? As an adult I would dress up more than that, but that is me. I would never turn my nose up at what someone decides to wear. However, many on this board have very different opinions than the one I have.

The Gotcha game was a major hit--don't miss this one. DD loves hanging out in the Stack. You can participate in the activities if you choose or can just hang, listen to music, talk, etc. There is a party every night with a different theme.

ANything reasonably "dressy" will be fine for formal night. Remember, this is Disney. The dress code is suggested, not enforced. DD enjoys dressing up.

As to pirate night, most of the teens don't do costumes, but many do go to the deck party. It really is the best of the deck parties.

Go to the Stack on the first night for the Meet and Greet time. Oh--they also liked the "language rule" in The Stack. There is no swearing or name calling allowed, so when they are tempted to use such a word, they substitute a Disney Character. Every now and then, she'll still come up with "That was such a MickeyMouse."

The outfit you asked about sounds like it would actually be very good for pirate night.

dairyou said:
Hi!

I only have boys, but thought I'd bump this for you since you are going towards the bottom :)

Deb

Deb--I bet your boys would look lovely in peasant skirts! :rotfl2:

needalatte said:
Deb--I bet your boys would look lovely in peasant skirts! :rotfl2:

Yeah, I would love to see that. Wonder if my son would dress with yours? :rotfl2: ;) :rotfl2: ;) :rotfl2:

I wore peasant skirts for both semi-formal AND pirates nights. I thought I looked great. If anyone else didn't think so, they didn't bother to mention it to me...and I wouldn't have cared if they had. :cool1:

Oh, I'm in my mid-forties...

CB

Jsme said:
Yeah, I would love to see that. Wonder if my son would dress with yours? :rotfl2: ;) :rotfl2: ;) :rotfl2:

Betsy and Jsme,

Yes that would be so funny to see them dress that way. Unfortunately even if it was just a joke my boys would never even consider doing this!

We must have traumatized them when they were babies. My mom and I used to dress them in pink onsies because we both wanted girls :rotfl2:

Deb

Deb--Your boys are very well adjusted. When do they find out the surprise?

Jsme-It looks like your next family cruise is the week before ours. We're going on the 11-11-06 Double Scoop to Costa Maya on the Magic. What about you?

Betsy, They'll find out the surprise when we get to the port. We are telling them now about our trip to LA and the beaches. Since the Magic is on our side of the US we will have to go see it. Especially since for the past month Keith has told me we can't book the PC cruise. I don't think they have any idea. Hopefully at least.

We're excited to see their reactions!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter