Last min cancellation of excursions??

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
So I have an excursion planned that involves swimming. Now sometime on this cruise it will be my "lady time" :rolleyes2 and I won't be swimming. I am not "regular" so it could occur on any day.
Am I able to cancel an excursion? Will I pay a penalty or just have to wear the whole cost?

Found this on the Port Adventures page of DCL website.
Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.

The PP is correct. If you cancel any time after 3 days prior to the cruise, it is non-refundable and you would lose the whole cost. Now, they do try to work with you. If you have to cancel, let Port Adventures or Guest Services know. If they have a waitlist (or even if they get a last minute booking) and can sell your spot, they will give you the refund.

You may be able to find a non-Disney excursion with less stringent cancel policies. We have one booked which is cash only and no CC guarantee. We have a second one booked that requires 24hr cancellation. It may be an option! I sympathize!! The cruise we are planning to book onboard for next year, I will be in the same boat. Since I am over 40 :rolleyes1 and I am done on the kiddie front, I may just get a birth control sample and force it away :thumbsup2

if it's a DCL excursion, you could cancel it now and take a chance that you can rebook it onboard the cruise if things work out.

3 days prior to DEPARTURE of your cruise (not the excursion) you are able to cancel without penalty

3 days prior to DEPARTURE of your cruise (not the excursion) you are able to cancel without penalty

We learned this the hard way on our last cruise (1/14). We had booked the para-sailing on CC for four of us. Three of the four decided that they were too afraid to do the excursion and wanted to cancel...this happened once we were on board. I went to cancel the excursion and was told that I could exchange the excursion for another, but that I could not get a refund. Honestly, my fault...I never really looked at the cancellation policy when I booked. It turned out that the weather was not fit for para-sailing, so I was able to receive a refund. Had that not been the case, we would have been out of luck.

How about if there are size requirements/restrictions that are not met? Not sure how close DS will be to making a minimum waist size.

Waist size?:confused3

Yes, waist size. Must have minimum waist size of xyz.... So if their measurements at the time of the excursion have him not meeting the minimum and he can't participate, will we be refunded? Think ride height for the parks. We've all seen how one cast member measures differently than another....

Thanks for the info everyone. Our cruise is pretty empty so I think i'll cancel and then if things work out In my favour I'll re-book, it wasn't something that I had my heart set on anyway.
bfamily5, I was going to do that too :) Except we have IVF appointments planned upon our return and I have to keep a strict cycle journal so I can't :( (I've always done this before, love that little pill sometimes)

Yes, waist size. Must have minimum waist size of xyz.... So if their measurements at the time of the excursion have him not meeting the minimum and he can't participate, will we be refunded? Think ride height for the parks. We've all seen how one cast member measures differently than another....

What excursions need WAIST size??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter