Last HHN question... for me anyway

brooker

Mouseketeer
Ok, been really looking forward to our first HHN ever. The only nights we have to go is Oct 28 or 31. We are going Oct 31. I have been looking for a map layout of the houses on here but just can't find it, I'm hoping someone can post the link. Also in regards to express pass, should I juts bite the bullet and get three passes for our night? Does anyone have a rough estimate based on last halloween night if the passes are necessary? I would think for me anything over 45 minutes would be too long to wait. Sorry if this has been asked. I have done a lot of looking but have not really seen my specific question. Thanks in advance.

Ok, been really looking forward to our first HHN ever. The only nights we have to go is Oct 28 or 31. We are going Oct 31. I have been looking for a map layout of the houses on here but just can't find it, I'm hoping someone can post the link. Also in regards to express pass, should I juts bite the bullet and get three passes for our night? Does anyone have a rough estimate based on last halloween night if the passes are necessary? I would think for me anything over 45 minutes would be too long to wait. Sorry if this has been asked. I have done a lot of looking but have not really seen my specific question. Thanks in advance.
Historically...Halloween night isn't that busy...at least the times I've been. But...this year the crowds came early in the event and have been heavy most nights. I would suggest purchasing an EP just to make sure you can do everything. You will need to purchase ahead of time as the HHN EPs often sell out. If you don't want to wait in lines over 45 minutes, you will definitely need the EP.

The walking dead house is by far the best. It was the longest wait so of you're there as soon as it opens and make a beeline for the one it would be better. I waited over 2 hours but it was awesome!

We just went last night (Sunday), and didn't want to pay the extra $ for EP. After our first house, waiting 90 minutes, we made a beeline to a nearby stand and bought an EP! They actually had a half day pass, which cost half price ($35 for a Sunday), but didn't become active until 10pm. We took our chances, and made it to the other 6 houses in plenty of time including only 20 minutes at Walking Dead, whose line was easily 2 hours. I would never go back without one, for us (who hate waiting in line) it was well worth the $35. Probably would've paid full price as well! Not sure if that option is only available after a certain time (we bought ours at 8:30pm), or if its available every day or not. If you don't enjoy waiting in endless lines, I would buy EP.

My DH and DD went Saturday and said it was the worst he had ever seen it. Most of the lines were 120 minutes long. I had been there during the day with our younger son and we left Citywalk at 6:00pm. All I could say when I saw the crowd walking toward us was Holy Crap!! :scared1: I've never seen City Walk that packed.

He said the express pass was $100. But I guess that was more being a Saturday night. DH and DD usually go every year but after spending $66 (discounted) each and lines being 2 hours long, he is done. They didn't do Busch Garden's Howl of Scream this year, but they did it last year and said it was much more enjoyable. So I think they are going to stick to that now. But they said it was a LOT scarier than HHN so no chance of bringing my younger one anytime soon.

Does Universal not have a guest limit?

Were going to be doing stay and scream which is 36.99. For Halloween night the express pass is 39.99. I think we'll be getting that too...afterall it is probably the only chance we'll get to go to a HHN.

I hope someone out there can help me, it is our first trip to universal. We are staying at hard rock so we are not concerned about long lines. My question is about my 13 year old who broke her ankle last week. She is wearing a removable boot and can walk a little. We plan on getting a wheelchair for her, but will she be allowed on the rides with the huge boot? Like I said it is removable but I'm reluctant to do that and then send her on a ride!

I hope someone out there can help me, it is our first trip to universal. We are staying at hard rock so we are not concerned about long lines. My question is about my 13 year old who broke her ankle last week. She is wearing a removable boot and can walk a little. We plan on getting a wheelchair for her, but will she be allowed on the rides with the huge boot? Like I said it is removable but I'm reluctant to do that and then send her on a ride!

You may want to create a specific thread for this. Onsite guests don't get FOTL privileges for HHN, but they do for the parks during regular hours. I would ask this separately (p.s. I don't know the answer, sorry).

You will probably have to remove the boot for each ride...they don't normally allow casts of any kind. I don't know if a boot is technically a cast but she will have problems on the ride vehicles in most cases due to the size of the boot.

Thanks for your help! We are not doing HHN and will have FOTL at the parks anyway. I was just worried about her getting turned away because of the boot (heartbreaking for a kid) .

4 years back, I had to wear a boot with brace.
I did all the rides but the TM at each ride had me sit in certain seats on each ride.
I sat with the booted leg away from other riders.
Usually at the end of the bench on some rides so that leg was away from others for my protection. (such as mummy, DD, ET, etc)

Great thanks, it's difficult to get an answer on this and would have had to forewarn her if she was going to have to sit out all the rides. Happy now :)

The walking dead house is by far the best. It was the longest wait so of you're there as soon as it opens and make a beeline for the one it would be better. I waited over 2 hours but it was awesome!

As a huge Walking Dead fan, I'm not going to say I was disappointed in the house, but that is the one house in the bunch that is heavily affected by natural sunlight. If you can wait until it gets dark, do it.

As a huge Walking Dead fan, I'm not going to say I was disappointed in the house, but that is the one house in the bunch that is heavily affected by natural sunlight. If you can wait until it gets dark, do it.

I agree with this statement. The Walking Dead house was a disappointment. It could have just been called a Zombie house and had the same effect. And we did go through it at night. Gothic was the best and Dead End was a great surprise.

I was pretty disappointed with most of the houses except the walking dead. I actually got a few good scares in that one (it's really not that hard to scare me at all) and the other ones were not even scary to me. Even when I know it's coming, I'm one of those girls who will scream when someone jumps out at them and I didn't get scared many times at all in the other houses.

I guess everyone has such different opinions about what to expect. Overall HHN this year was not impressive. Last year was so much better in my opinion.

I still wish I could go back one more time and enjoy it with out rushing house to house, 2 nights wasn't enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter