• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last Disneyland Forever Fireworks Show

thatgrljme

Mouseketeer
Since our first day in the parks will be the last day of the 60th, I wanted to know where the best spot was to view the fireworks show. We'll only get to see it once so I want a good spot And do we catch the first PTN or the last? I want to cram in as much 60th as we can but I know it will be packed.

Other thing...it still shows WOC as Celebrate after the 5th, does anyone know about that?

Personally, I would opt to watch Disneyland: Forever from somewhere on Main Street with a good view of the castle. Other folks really like being in the hub (close to the castle), but I enjoyed seeing the projections and effects on the Main Street buildings. The biggest drawback is the view of the Matterhorn is blocked unless you're right at the end of Main Street.

In terms of the parade, I would opt to see the second PtN. The second parade is usually less busy than the first. If you watch fireworks from Main Street, I would make a beeline for the curb (or where ever you want to watch the parade from) as soon as the fireworks ends. It'll mean about an hour wait (usually), but it's your best chance of seeing the parade from the front row with the shortest wait.

In terms of WoC, they've announced that the original show will be back on the 6th. My guess is the Disneyland calendar hasn't been updated yet.

I agree with everything that figment said above. I can only imagine how crazy crowded the parade route will be with it being a holiday AND the last day of the 60th celebrations! I would expect the 2nd PtN to be busier than it usually is, but you should be good if you just make a beeline for the curb after fireworks. Hope you enjoy the shows, they really are wonderful!

Man, if it was crazy in the middle of November for fireworks and PtN, it'll be crazy on the last day. You can watch it from in front of Small World where they have the projections on the ride itself. That area might be a little less nuts. But you don't get the fireworks launched from the castle either.

On fourth of July we claimed our spot in front of the castle right before the 4pm (around that time) Soundsational Parade. Sounds incredibly early but it filled up really quick. We were directly in front of the castle sitting on the curb on the castle side of the street.

We found out right before the fireworks that everyone on the sidewalk must remain seated throughout the performance and everyone on the street stands. By being on the curb we had the option of either.

The castle has a lot of low level fireworks and you get to see Tink and Nemo fly. You can also see the Matterhorn as well.

You cannot see the Paint the Night first show from that location. The crowds are way to dense to see anything but the tops of the floats.

If you are going for a spot in front of the castle then you would have to see the second parade.

Our go-to spot for the first parade then fireworks is the brick ground all the way at the end of the walkway across from It's a Small World. The first parade starts from there and it is an incredible view.

Once the parade is over you can remain seated and the fireworks start about 20 mins later. They still do the projections on It's A Small World and you can see the fireworks but you cannot see the low level castle ones, tink or nemo, or the matterhorn.

Typically we don't get there very early, maybe half an hour at that location but if it is the last night I would still arrive an hour or so early.

If you are going to be waiting in front of the castle, bring an umbrella and blanket. There is no shade and the sun is right above you and the ground is hard!

Thanks everyone! Great tips from all. I hope we can last until the last parade with a two hour time difference and it being a travel day. Wish me luck lol

we like to watch the fireworks from mainstreet between starbucks and carnation cafe(?). they rope off the street there to leave a path to walk through and we try to get spot right behind the rope. i'm short so it increases my chances of having a better view if i don't have a giant standing right in front of me. you won't be able to see the matterhorn from there, but you'll be surrounded by the projections on the mainstreet.

we like to watch the fireworks from mainstreet between starbucks and carnation cafe(?). they rope off the street there to leave a path to walk through and we try to get spot right behind the rope. i'm short so it increases my chances of having a better view if i don't have a giant standing right in front of me. you won't be able to see the matterhorn from there, but you'll be surrounded by the projections on the mainstreet.
That is very useful information! I'm also short and last year I watched Halloween Screams from behind a walkway rope up closer to Tommorrowland. I wonder if they use the same pathway locations for every show? I'm in a similar position as OP in that I will only have one chance to see the fireworks (this Saturday), so I'm trying to pick the best spot. I'm planning to watch the second parade. But so far I haven't decided if we should watch fireworks from the area you described on mainstreet, or from the hub where we can see the castle more clearly and the Matterhorn. Your information about the walkway might sway me toward mainstreet.

That is very useful information! I'm also short and last year I watched Halloween Screams from behind a walkway rope up closer to Tommorrowland. I wonder if they use the same pathway locations for every show? I'm in a similar position as OP in that I will only have one chance to see the fireworks (this Saturday), so I'm trying to pick the best spot. I'm planning to watch the second parade. But so far I haven't decided if we should watch fireworks from the area you described on mainstreet, or from the hub where we can see the castle more clearly and the Matterhorn. Your information about the walkway might sway me toward mainstreet.

i don't remember them roping anything off near tomorrowland, but i do remember a couple years back, we watched them from the opposite side of the hub (in front of the frontier land entrance); they had roped off a walkway there so people could get to the reserved seating area. i don't know if they still do that and i don't remember what the view was like as far as the matterhorn is concerned, but that might be another option. i'm sure you could ask a cast member to find out for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter