Last day of school

Golter

DIS Veteran
When is your last day of school?

Houston Area - May 25th.

We are skipping last day and heading to WDW for 3 day cruise and 6 days at parks. I know Memorial Day will be crowded, but what about rest of week?

June 19th where we are in Massachusetts, and that's early thanks to our mild winter. Last year they got out just before 4th of July weekend because of all the snow days.

Albuquerque, New Mexico - last day of public school this year is May 23. My DS17 graduated high school yesterday. I'm from Pennyslvania originally, and we were in school till June, but I'm adapting to them starting up in August and finishing in May. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Last day in my girls school (RedHook NY) is June 23rd They won't go back until Sept 6 so we're heading to wdw on 8/27 and flying home on Labor Day! :cool1: PS, I was just adjusting my signature so I wont guarantee what it looks like, but will soon find out!

My kids get out on June 6th here in Indianapolis area . We are headed to the world June 9-15th. Can't wait!!! :cool1:

Sorry to bug but does this look better???I'm almost afraid to look!!any one know how to use blinkyou?

Basically, northerners start school later and go later in the Spring/Summer. Southerners start earlier in August and end earlier in May. Part of this is tradition, part of it has to do with snow days, and part of it is because many northern schools still do not have a/c, which is unheard of in the south! So, end of May and early June, as well as late August and early September, lots of the country is still in school, but lots of folks are out too. We have moved a lot, and even did year round school in one location. Now we homeschool, but we still have lots of activities to work around. SO....you are gonna get all kinds of responses!

SE Michigan (Detroit metropolitan area) - last day is June 9th. I'm curious to see what it will be next year since we have a new law that kids start back to school after Labor Day in order to help tourism.

Here most schools get out on May 26, some are out on the 25th, the 19th, and the 31st. I don't know who decides, but not all school are on the same track.

Our family just got back from our trip, but we missed school. My school lets out June 23rd (Vermont) 26 days to go!

Salem, NH - who knows????? We were supposed to get out June 19th but have had the last 4 days off of school due to severe flooding from all of the rain! Don't know yet if we have to make up some or all of them!!!

We get out here in North Texas May 25 and my daughter starts her senior year of high school August 14th.

This is interesting! Here in the Chicago area we start in August (last week or 2 )and go until June 9th or so. The public schools rarely have snow days or any other reason to get off due to weather. They do have plenty of days off due to teachers days though. A friend teaches in a Chicago pblic school asked her mom to buy her a fan for the classroom because it was so hot at the beginning of the school year. As kid in N.C. we used to get out of school because of the heat and no a/c so of course we would walk to the mall!!
MeggP

Well, so far my kids win the prize for getting out the latest. June 27th. It is so late, and we only had to make up two snow days. Lucky for us we did not have any flood problems, so they would have been going to school into July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter