Last day of Food and Wine

dchronister

DIS Veteran
Will be arriving on Nov 12, our first planned day in Epcot was going to be on the 14th, which I believe is the last day of food and wine. Is this a bad plan, I had hopes that since it was the last day that maybe it wouldn't be as crazy as the other days, maybe it would be winding down? Who has been on the last day and how were the crowds?

Odds are fair it will be crowded and some items will not be available.

Never been there in last day, but this is what I've read here on Dis.

MG

We have traveled many times for Jersey Week in Nov. which always seems to be during the last week of Food and Wine. From my experience it will be crazy nuts that last weekend! If you have to go on the last weekend, get there right at 11 am when World Showcase opens and try and get out by 3.

I would expect the opposite, honestly. Everyone trying to get one last visit in before it's over for the year. I would think it would the most busy weekend of the event.

I would expect the opposite, honestly. Everyone trying to get one last visit in before it's over for the year. I would think it would the most busy weekend of the event.
Ahhh, yes I certainly agree it will be very busy.

That said, the worst Disney mistake I ever made was in 2015 she we visited F&W on the first opening Saturday.

What on God's green Earth was I thinking???

MG

We did it last year- and it was insanely crowded. I mentioned this to a CM- and he said, he was slow. Maybe he was pulling my leg, maybe he wasnt- but we waited 45 min for the Mexican boat ride and about 45 min for the Land ride as well. Food booths had waits, some longer than others. I dont think I will do this again.

We were there during the final days last year. The weekend was crazy and packed, but the last actual day was a Monday and it wasn't too bad. The lines for the booths weren't too long and Future World was empty on the Monday.

We went to the last day of Food & Wine last year and it wasn't bad for us, but we were there earlier in the evening (it was still light out when we started walking around, so maybe 5pm or so?). Light to moderate lines for food booths and they weren't out of anything that we wanted. We had a good time :) We weren't there to ride anything though, so I don't know if the ride lines were long! We also left before Illuminations.

Well it appears the last day is on Monday again this year, that's the reason for the question, I have no intentions of going on Saturday or Sunday because even though I have never been, I knew it would be busy, I was just curious about the crowds on Monday, the actual last day of Food and Wine, I can do a 7 maybe even an 8, but a 9/10 crowd level, I'll pass!!!

Well it appears the last day is on Monday again this year, that's the reason for the question, I have no intentions of going on Saturday or Sunday because even though I have never been, I knew it would be busy, I was just curious about the crowds on Monday, the actual last day of Food and Wine, I can do a 7 maybe even an 8, but a 9/10 crowd level, I'll pass!!!

TP currently lists Epcot crowds at 5/10 on November 14 (though they do specifically say it doesn't factor in F&W) and it is a recommended park day according to Josh at EasyWDW. We will be there that day and will be wandering through the WS at 11am. Honestly, I'm not worried at all. I think if you follow some general guidelines, like visiting WS earlier in the day, avoiding the late night/Illuminations crowd, I think it will be fine.

We were there during the final days last year. The weekend was crazy and packed, but the last actual day was a Monday and it wasn't too bad. The lines for the booths weren't too long and Future World was empty on the Monday.

We went to the last day of Food & Wine last year and it wasn't bad for us, but we were there earlier in the evening (it was still light out when we started walking around, so maybe 5pm or so?). Light to moderate lines for food booths and they weren't out of anything that we wanted. We had a good time :) We weren't there to ride anything though, so I don't know if the ride lines were long! We also left before Illuminations.

Whew, I'm glad to see these replies! We are going on that Monday and don't really have a better option, so I'm glad to hear it wasn't too bad for you two!

We are planning on going the last day also. We really didn't have much of a choice since we're arriving on Sunday. We're hitting Epcot during the day and plan on being outta there around dinner time - hopefully we'll avoid the heavy crowds and craziness!

We are planning on going the last day also. We really didn't have much of a choice since we're arriving on Sunday. We're hitting Epcot during the day and plan on being outta there around dinner time - hopefully we'll avoid the heavy crowds and craziness!

We'll be there too - I bet it will be fine, especially before dinner time! :cloud9:

Will be arriving on Nov 12, our first planned day in Epcot was going to be on the 14th, which I believe is the last day of food and wine. Is this a bad plan, I had hopes that since it was the last day that maybe it wouldn't be as crazy as the other days, maybe it would be winding down? Who has been on the last day and how were the crowds?
We were there on the last day in 2014, which IIRC was also a Monday. It was definitely crowded, especially at night, and there were quite a few items on the menus that were no longer available.

Ugh! We are coming for a conference for DH and the only day we can go is that Saturday which is also Dapper Day. I guess we need to just head to our #1 food pick and zig zag around the WS to taste everything on our list in order? Any other tips? Sometime I'd love to go during the week but I'm hoping even one of the busiest days of the festival is better than not going at all. Right?! :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter