• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last Day For Snow White's Scary Adventure

mesaboy2

Reading Is Fundamental.
A reminder to all within (reasonable) distance to the parks today, get that last ride in on SWSA! Tomorrow it will be no more.

While I wouldn't call it a favorite of my family, it is a sad day nonetheless.

mesaboy2 said:
A reminder to all within (reasonable) distance to the parks today, get that last ride in on SWSA! Tomorrow it will be no more.

While I wouldn't call it a favorite of my family, it is a sad day nonetheless.

Definitely a sad day! I'm thankful we were able to make it to The World last month to experience SWSA a handful of times before its closing.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

It's an oldie but goodie. I remember riding on it when I was a child. However, I do think the mine coaster is going to be a great addition to MK!
I'm just glad my girls got to ride Snow White last year before it closes.

I wish they would have waited a few more days. I would have liked to ride it one more time next week. Like you said, it's not our favorite but we did always enjoy it. I'm looking forward to the new rides next year.

A sad day for sure. This was my DD's first ride and she was so scared! lol. Goodbye SWSA:hug:! Goodbye to a classic.:sad1:

We made sure to ride it on our last trip. Not what I'd call a great ride, but a classic. Goodbye, SWSA.

I will really miss it. Disappointed that it will be closed when we take our nephews for their first trip to WDW.

I had to cancel my trip in April & my June trip is this weekend so it'll already be closed. I will miss it - the first scene where she's sitting on the steps is one of my first memories from when I was a toddler.

Annnnnnd now I'm missing Toad again.

I'm not the largest fan of the movie, but it was still a fun ride. What makes me sadder is that another Character Meet and Greet is going in there instead of a ride for something like Tangled or Oliver and Company (the most underrated Disney movie ever). Hopefully Snow White's Mine train is pretty cool.

I can't say that I'll really miss it, but I'm kind of sad that one of the original attractions from 1971 will be closing.

Here is my opinion.....

Do we really need another character meet and greet? I think the characters are great but I think a character meet and great is a cop out for adding a real attraction. Lets face it, it cost them less to pay the princesses to take photos and sign autograph books than it is to pay imagineering to create a new ride or show.

It is a sad day, I personally love the classics. But I'm sure the new attractions will be great!

In all my trips to WDW, I have never been on the Snow White ride...even when I was a kid. I think my mother didn't like it or something. :confused3 And now I'll miss my chance to ever go on it by 2 1/2 weeks. :rolleyes:

I made sure we rode it a couple of times during our trip in January...wish we could just jump in the car and ride it again one more time today, but alas we can't :sad2:. I remember I used to be so scared of that ride when I was a kid (it wasn't called Snow White's Scary Adventure at the time), but I still rode it because I liked seeing Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It is going to go down with the all the other nostalgic rides that are gone but not forgotten. We will miss this ride....such a sad, sad day :sad1:. However, on a lighter note...I am very excited for the new Seven Dwarf's Mine Coaster to be done, I think that will fill the shoes of SWSA very nicely :goodvibes.

It seems like a huge mistake to take away this Snow White attraction when the next Snow White attraction is years away.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (the film) is VERY historical/significant, not just to the Walt Disney company, but also to film as a whole.

Having a Disney park without a Snow White attraction - even for a short period of time - is a failure to recognize this.

They should have timed the closing of this with the opening of the Mine train, especially if it's just for another Character M&G area.

I can't say that I'll really miss it, but I'm kind of sad that one of the original attractions from 1971 will be closing.

Here is my opinion.....

Do we really need another character meet and greet? I think the characters are great but I think a character meet and great is a cop out for adding a real attraction. Lets face it, it cost them less to pay the princesses to take photos and sign autograph books than it is to pay imagineering to create a new ride or show.

While I'm not crazy about meet & greets, it'll be nice to have a properly themed meet & greet for once, rather than characters just being shoved in a corner and told to "deal with it".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter