Last Day blues

mickey0624

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!
just back from 8 days in the world and the inevitable happens. After day 5 or 6 I slowly start thinking...only 3 days left ...only 2 days left....then the last day it's almost impossible to enjoy knowing we're leaving. As much as I try and tell myself just enjoy every minute here, can't stop thinking that soon I'll be suffering from post WDW depression. A whole year before returning. How do you avoid the last day blues???

On our last trip in June, I went into our final day with a "first day" attitude.
I think it helped. Until we were at the resort lobby waiting for the Magical Express :sad1:

The first day is so exciting and filled with possibilities!!! I don't want to waste our last precious Disney moments fretting, so I pretend it's the first.

And then we start planning our next arrival :teeth:

I do the same thing-I think the "last days blues" are inevitable culminating with the saddest sight known to man-the arrival of The Sad Bus!

But,as the old song says:"I could have missed the pain,but I'd have had to miss The Dance!":)

The last day is difficult, no way around that! If we have time on the last day we try to go to MK to get one more ride on Splash and HM and just say good bye.

I have to admit that after a week or 10 days in the Disney bubble, I start missing home. I'm missing my furry family members. I want to sleep in my own bed. I'm ready for a home cooked meal.

I do the same thing-I think the "last days blues" are inevitable culminating with the saddest sight known to man-the arrival of The Sad Bus!

But,as the old song says:"I could have missed the pain,but I'd have had to miss The Dance!":)

Oh yeah as we call it, the TRAGICAL DEPRESS, it's usually a quiet ride back to the airport.

Sorry we have sticky at top of page about Live Reports and Just Back threads,

My partner at the half-way point in our vacation gets all sad because there the end is closer now then the beginning. By the last day he's all "I don't want to go home, back to stupid wisconsin" I'm all, I can't wait to go home, I want my Sleep Number Bed and my tempurpedic pillow. I miss my pussycats and want to hug them and squeeze them and call them george. When at home I'll attempt to make a hot breakfast like ones that I had while at Disney but I quickly realize I don't go to bed early enough to wake up early enough to prepare a breakfast cuban :) But I have my Jofferys Tea, to keep the vacation fresh in my head.

I used hoard the H20+ shampoo from the housekeeping cart to take back home to remind me of disney, but ever since I found Basin White at both Las Vegas and Disney World I now buy enough of that to hold me over till our Vegas trip, then do the same there to hold me over till Disney so at least every morning its like I'm there while I'm showering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter