Las Caletas - Kids Adventure

alacazam

Earning My Ears
Have any of the recent MR cruisers gone on the Las Caletas excursion in PV that could share their experience? I'm particularly interested in the Kids Adventure portion. I saw it mentioned on a different website, but not in Disney's description. Thanks!

Have any of the recent MR cruisers gone on the Las Caletas excursion in PV that could share their experience? I'm particularly interested in the Kids Adventure portion. I saw it mentioned on a different website, but not in Disney's description. Thanks!

We did the Las Caletas Excursion through Disney on the Jan30th cruise and the Kids Adventure aspect of Las Caletas was not available. I did not see anything that would suggest it was even running while we were there. Everyone was pretty much grouped together on the beach and during dining. There was the option of getting a massage for extra, snorkling, kayaking, and a nature walk. Other than that it was lunch and beach time. There was no pottery or cooking demonstration while we were there.

In my opinion for the money I would not do this excursion again. I felt we spent more time on the boat coming and going that we did having fun at Las Caletas. We loved the food and the beach, but felt we could have gotten something similar at one of the hotel excursions for a lower price.

Thank you, from the sounds of that it doesn't sound worth the cost. I was expecting all of the little extras (cooking demos, yoga, animals, ect.) that would make it more than just a day at the beach. I may have to look into other options...

Thank you, from the sounds of that it doesn't sound worth the cost. I was expecting all of the little extras (cooking demos, yoga, animals, ect.) that would make it more than just a day at the beach. I may have to look into other options...

I'm wondering too. I booked it based on all the extras that the website says. If they don't have that then we would be better off doing the Paradise Beach excursion instead. Anyone on the February cruises go to Las Caletas that can comment?

Our family went on the 2/20 cruise and almost switched to Paradise Beach just a few days before we left. We stuck with Las Caletas and we and the family we traveled with agree that it was just about the only bright spot in an otherwise disasterous trip. The boat ride is long, but the crew does their best to keep you entertained. On the way back, we saw whales and the captain stopped for quite a while to let us watch a whale that was breeching.

There was a pottery and cooking class, but I didn't do either one. We just relaxed. Drinks and hammocks were plentiful. We ate lunch at oceanside tables that were breathtaking. To say the people that work at the resort are kind is an understatement. Genuinely hospititable. We could see humpback whales from the shore. The water was cold, but plenty of people did kayaking and snorkeling. There were a lot of people there, but it did not seem crowded. You could explore and find places on your own. I can't wait to go back!

Our family went on the 2/20 cruise and almost switched to Paradise Beach just a few days before we left. We stuck with Las Caletas and we and the family we traveled with agree that it was just about the only bright spot in an otherwise disasterous trip. The boat ride is long, but the crew does their best to keep you entertained. On the way back, we saw whales and the captain stopped for quite a while to let us watch a whale that was breeching.

There was a pottery and cooking class, but I didn't do either one. We just relaxed. Drinks and hammocks were plentiful. We ate lunch at oceanside tables that were breathtaking. To say the people that work at the resort are kind is an understatement. Genuinely hospitable. We could see humpback whales from the shore. The water was cold, but plenty of people did kayaking and snorkeling. There were a lot of people there, but it did not seem crowded. You could explore and find places on your own. I can't wait to go back!
We were on the same trip and had a great time. Snorkeling, kayaking, and innertubes were all part of the package. A friend we met on the trip took the cooking class and said it was fine and that the guacamole was really good. I took the nature walk which wasn't any great shakes but you did get to learn about some of the local plants. We also saw an iguana and a couple of termite nests. The Kids Adventure is an add on for $20. We didn't do it so I can't comment. Overall the staff was great and although there were a lot of people the beach didn't seem obnoxiously crowded. People head over to lunch on their own schedules so that was a relaxing experience as well.

Oh and the boat ride back, while a bit rough, was well worth the price of admission. We saw at least one whale and it breached three times.

Also they offered yoga, I just don't think anyone was interested. Also we heard great reviews about the massages. Apparently they were very reasonably priced and well worth the money.

Thanks! I think we will probably stick with Las Caletas then. We are on the March 20 cruise, which is at the end of whale season. Not sure if we still will see whales by then, but the day sounds great even if we don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter