Larger women in bikinis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there really THAT many mentally ill people? If you dress like the people of Wal Mart you are LOOKING to be noticed. And what about the horrible tee shrits with boardering on obscene sayings...is that okay too. Sorry to me it is visual pollution.

I'm not the person you asked this question of, but I will say yes, there are that many mentally ill people. Mental illness is just like any other illness. There are degrees of "disease" and it is prevalent.

I do not like to see men without t shirts they look gross (unless they are in shape) and heavier women in bikini's are also gross. Sorry if that is an unpopular opinion but if I want to see flab and stretch marks I can look in my own mirror.

Are there really THAT many mentally ill people? If you dress like the people of Wal Mart you are LOOKING to be noticed. And what about the horrible tee shrits with boardering on obscene sayings...is that okay too. Sorry to me it is visual pollution.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

As heavy as I am there is no way you would see me in a bikini or any kind of swimwear. But the way I look at it is, if you are covering what needs to be covered then there is no harm being done. If someone does not like what they are looking at, then turn you head and do not look. And keep your nasty comments to yourself.

Of course "large" women should be in bikinis! If everyone looked like the Victoria Secret swimsuit models then there wouldn't be all these entertaining threads on Disboards. I live in a beach town and can tell you that not only do I see all shapes and sizes in bikinis at the beach and pool, but also in itty-bitty cover ups in grocery stores, restaurants, strip malls, and wandering the streets.

Do I throw up and shield my eyes from blindness when I see a big girl in a bikini? NO. Do I get annoyed when a child points out my own ample bottom in my one-piece, skirted-bottom suit? NO. Normally I laugh and tease about it. Do I care if anyone else wants to stare at my chubby thighs? NO. If that floats their boat, more power to them. Actually, I probably envy them if my cellulite is that problematic for them... I would love to have so little problems that someone else's weight occupied my thoughts enough to give a second's thought to it :thumbsup2

This thread is funny.

I'm 5'9" and wear a size 10. Never in my wildest would I have classified that as obese as is being infered. I certainly don't have a "giant muffin top", or frankly any muffin top. I'm not sure what is considered an appropriate size for me based on this thread but when I was 10 pounds lighter a couple years ago, I had people tell me I was too thin.

I don't wear a 2 piece suit. I'm simply more comfortable in a one piece but I would doubt it would be gag worthy if I did.

It sounds like a few people here have been a little bit brainwashed by print ads that airbrush women to some unreal, idealistic standard. You know, like the way 13 year old girls think.

Of course "large" women should be in bikinis! If everyone looked like the Victoria Secret swimsuit models then there wouldn't be all these entertaining threads on Disboards. I live in a beach town and can tell you that not only do I see all shapes and sizes in bikinis at the beach and pool, but also in itty-bitty cover ups in grocery stores, restaurants, strip malls, and wandering the streets.

Do I throw up and shield my eyes from blindness when I see a big girl in a bikini? NO. Do I get annoyed when a child points out my own ample bottom in my one-piece, skirted-bottom suit? NO. Normally I laugh and tease about it. Do I care if anyone else wants to stare at my chubby thighs? NO. If that floats their boat, more power to them. Actually, I probably envy them if my cellulite is that problematic for them... I would love to have so little problems that someone else's weight occupied my thoughts enough to give a second's thought to it :thumbsup2

I feel the same way as you. I lived in a beach town all my life until 2010, so I feel like I've seen it all as far as swimsuits are concerned, and am pretty much immune to it at this point. The only time I was really ever shocked by swimsuits, was at a WDW waterpark when I saw an extremely HAIRY large man in a scant speedo, lol.

Personally, I am a "largish" woman that wears a two piece swimsuit. I'm a lil mis-proportioned, my top is 2 sizes larger than my bottom, so when I've tried one pieces, they have made me appear larger. I have never really given much thought to care what others may think about me wearing it, my biggest concern has always been- making sure my girls stay tucked in ;)

*round of applause*

When I grow up, I want to be you!

I do not like to see men without t shirts they look gross (unless they are in shape) and heavier women in bikini's are also gross. Sorry if that is an unpopular opinion but if I want to see flab and stretch marks I can look in my own mirror.

Gross. You are calling another human being gross?

What is wrong with people on this board? You are the second person on this thread to call another human being "gross" b/c of the way they look.

Or are you just someone that was taught by your parents it was ok to call fellow human beings "gross"? :confused3

This thread makes me laugh.

You know, it has taken me YEARS to actually wear a bathing suit in public again. My whole life I was itty bitty, barely more than 100 pounds, always wore bikinis. Then I had DD, and at 4months old she was diagnosed with a very rare, very aggressive cancer. In the end, despite all odds, she made it through, but the actual toll it took on ME I never realized for a long long time.

I was in a horrible depression, completely checked out from myself, didn't even realize I would go whole days without even looking in the mirror. I ended up gaining about 100 pounds.

Fast Forward to one day I was out at our own family pool, playing with my nephew, had on a bathing suit, but with CLOTHES OVER IT mind you, and my brother in law was seriously behind me, taking pics, sending them to his sister so that they could laugh about my "fat ***". I know this, because he actually admitted it to me!

I swear that for whatever reason, until that day I hadn't even really looked at myself. It was like I knew, but didn't know. I ended up getting on meds for depression, and have since lost 60 pounds. Still a way to go, but I feel better about myself in and out of a bathing suit everyday..it still hurts like hell tho!

For DD, she has a very large scar that runs from one side of her abdomen to the other. I never wanted her to feel ashamed or embarrassed, so I always encouraged her to wear a bikini with pride.

I'm sure by the standards of some she should be "covered up". After all, if we can't show a C-Section scar, how is that any different?? I promise you tho, she looks AMAZING in a binkini. All 98 pounds of her!:lmao:

The thing that made me laugh is that, for as tiny as she is, this is the first year ever of her 21 years that she is wearing a one-piece! Not because she "HAS" too, but because in her circle of friends, that's actually what's "in" this year!;)

This thread makes me laugh.

You know, it has taken me YEARS to actually wear a bathing suit in public again. My whole life I was itty bitty, barely more than 100 pounds, always wore bikinis. Then I had DD, and at 4months old she was diagnosed with a very rare, very aggressive cancer. In the end, despite all odds, she made it through, but the actual toll it took on ME I never realized for a long long time.

I was in a horrible depression, completely checked out from myself, didn't even realize I would go whole days without even looking in the mirror. I ended up gaining about 100 pounds.

Fast Forward to one day I was out at our own family pool, playing with my nephew, had on a bathing suit, but with CLOTHES OVER IT mind you, and my brother in law was seriously behind me, taking pics, sending them to his sister so that they could laugh about my "fat ***". I know this, because he actually admitted it to me!

I swear that for whatever reason, until that day I hadn't even really looked at myself. It was like I knew, but didn't know. I ended up getting on meds for depression, and have since lost 60 pounds. Still a way to go, but I feel better about myself in and out of a bathing suit everyday..it still hurts like hell tho!

For DD, she has a very large scar that runs from one side of her abdomen to the other. I never wanted her to feel ashamed or embarrassed, so I always encouraged her to wear a bikini with pride.

I'm sure by the standards of some she should be "covered up". After all, if we can't show a C-Section scar, how is that any different?? I promise you tho, she looks AMAZING in a binkini. All 98 pounds of her!:lmao:

The thing that made me laugh is that, for as tiny as she is, this is the first year ever of her 21 years that she is wearing a one-piece! Not because she "HAS" too, but because in her circle of friends, that's actually what's "in" this year!;)

I mentioned the c-section scar in relation to where it is on your body and not becuase I think scars sshould be hidden. Most are right above your girl parts so if your bikini is exposing that then it is also probably exposing something a little more obscene and I don't care what size you are that is inappropriate in public.

I mentioned the c-section scar in relation to where it is on your body and not becuase I think scars sshould be hidden. Most are right above your girl parts so if your bikini is exposing that then it is also probably exposing something a little more obscene and I don't care what size you are that is inappropriate in public.

Yeah I have seen some bottoms that ride WAY too low. No matter how fit the person is there is such thing as too low.

Agreed. Didn't really say that necessarily to call any one particular poster out, tho I did use that as an example because I remembered seeing it mentioned. I just meant that for some it's people that are "too fat", for others scars or stretch marks, etc. People can and do always find something to critique or be disgusted by if that is their nature. Again, not referring to any one person, well except maybe my bro-in-law.

for me, i want my bottom to come up over my scar because, even though i've lost a bunch of weight and am pretty thin, i still have a little pooch over my scar. if my bottom comes above it, it holds it in. if the bottom comes below it, then, it's ugly. and yes, it's too close to other things which do NOT need to be seen in public!

earlier this year, i bought a bikini as motivation in my weight loss. while i don't look perfect, i think i look pretty darn good. am i a supermodel? no. is my belly still a little soft? yes. do i care what anyone else thinks about that? absolutely not.

I am not overweight but after two kids my stomach and belly button got all stretched out. It is loose skin and for me I am totally grossed out by it so I am not about to be caught dead in public with my stomach showing.

Just have to say that after reading this entire thread (the good, the bad and the downright ugly), I'm feeling pretty darn good about sporting the new Lands End, what I like to call, "momkini" that I just bought (bikini top and cute little skirted bottom) this summer. I'm down to a size 8 now and am working on my last 10 lbs. I've worked hard to get where I am today and can honestly say that I am finally comfortable in my own skin at my tender age of 45 :).

While I may not have a six pack, everything is where it should be and I do believe I look just fine. DH agrees and even the "fashion police" aka my two teenage DD's, approve ::yes::....LIFE IS GOOD and I could care less what anyone else thinks - if you don't like the way someone looks, then stop looking at them!

Very mature opinion.

Gross. You are calling another human being gross?

What is wrong with people on this board? You are the second person on this thread to call another human being "gross" b/c of the way they look.

Or are you just someone that was taught by your parents it was ok to call fellow human beings "gross"? :confused3

I am thinking the poster is in middle school. If not, this person has some growing up to do.

Very mature opinion.

I am thinking the poster is in middle school. If not, this person has some growing up to do.

Sorry but like the rest of us she is entitled to her opinion and not sure why name calling is acceptable in their situation. I am really amazed that in one thread I have met so many posters who can honestly say that they have never been put off by or had a negative thought about someone elses appearance. It is truly amazing how many perfect people hang out on the DIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter