• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Larger suite for family of 8

DisneyMomof6CrazyKids

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 8 and will be visiting Disneyland sometime in July. We will need a place to stay that has a kitchen and enough space for all of us to sleep. We would like to stay close to Disneyland if possible. Any recommendations? Thanks so much!

We have stayed at the Residence Inn Garden Grove on Harbor Blvd. down by Bucca di Beppo.
It is about 2 miles from Disneyland, so you would need to drive in to park, or take the shuttle (you pay a small fee). The bus/trolley stops right in front of the hotel.
There is a pool, and a kids area.
The 2 Bedroom suites are spacious, have a full kitchen, sleep 8, and there is a nice free full breakfast.
Pricing is reasonable.
It is a good option, the only downside is the short drive to the Toy Story parking lot, or shuttle ride to the parks.
There may be other hotel options that sleep 8 and have kitchens that are closer - I just have not stayed at them.
Have a great trip!

We are staying at the Residence Inn Maingate on our upcoming trip with a group of 7. I cannot speak to the experience since we have not been there, but it is one they reviewed during the Disneyland 7 in 7 so you can watch that to see how it looks.

Check out the Desert Palms Hotel and Suites. Nice hotel that has a suite with a kitchen. Not sure of the bed configuration, but it's worth checking out. Also has a free hot breakfast that's really nice for families.

It's more $$$, but the Courtyard Marriott has a suite. I believe it has a kitchen, but don't quote me on that. Spacious rooms, and many have bunkbeds.

Camelot Inn has a Family Suite that has two separate areas with 2 queen beds in one and a king bed in the other. Doesn't really have a kitchen, but has two minifridges and two microwaves. Very spacious rooms.

Hopefully one of these works out for you! I would recommend any of them and they are all minutes away from the security checkpoint on Harbor. Camelot is the closest (7 minute walk), followed by Courtyard (8 minute walk), followed by Desert Palms (10 min. walk)

From the priorities that you listed, it sounds like you should do what we do and stay in a vacation rental. We live out of state and use our trips to Anaheim as a way to collect our extended family under one roof (8-12 people at a time). There is the definite downside of needing a car and dealing with parking, but the extra space, kitchen, privacy and cost more than make up for that slight inconvenience. Let me know if you have any questions.

Just note, there are Three Residence Inn's in the area.

The oldest is the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate on Clementine, an old school condo/apartment like complex of two story buildings on nice grounds.

The newest is the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort/Convention Center on Katella west of Harbor

And then the one in Garden Grove on Harbor, Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove.

The latter two are Tower Style RI's.

Make sure you are looking at and picking the right one.

There's a new Staybridge Suites Anaheim at the Park, on Ball. Not open yet but taking reservations.

There's a new Staybridge Suites Anaheim at the Park, on Ball. Not open yet but taking reservations.

And there is a new SpringHill Suites on Ball already open next to the Post Office.

The area is isolated, with not much around it. The walk to the Disneyland Resort would be Ball to the south east corner of Disneyland Drive to Magic Way, and then using the crosswalk to get to the Disneyland Hotel and Downtown Disney, plus access to the parks.

And there is a new SpringHill Suites on Ball already open next to the Post Office.

The area is isolated, with not much around it. The walk to the Disneyland Resort would be Ball to the south east corner of Disneyland Drive to Magic Way, and then using the crosswalk to get to the Disneyland Hotel and Downtown Disney, plus access to the parks.

I was going to suggest Springhill Suites as the 1 bedroom suite does allow for 8. For the Ball Rd location, an even better option is walking through the CM lot to the Mickey and Friends structure and taking the tram from there to the DTD entrance.

I was going to suggest Springhill Suites as the 1 bedroom suite does allow for 8. For the Ball Rd location, an even better option is walking through the CM lot to the Mickey and Friends structure and taking the tram from there to the DTD entrance.

Problem of the "shortcut", it is confusing and requires the use of stairs, which doesn't work for some.

I did the main route this afternoon, and it isn't bad, and you get a sneak peek at Star Wars Land. (Was taking photos around the Anaheim Resort today).

Problem of the "shortcut", it is confusing and requires the use of stairs, which doesn't work for some.

I did the main route this afternoon, and it isn't bad, and you get a sneak peek at Star Wars Land. (Was taking photos around the Anaheim Resort today).

Good point. We booked the Springhill Suites on Ball Rd for our first trip next month. I was trepidatious about staying off Ball Rd, but we were able to book 5 nights in a suite entirely on points. Yay! A friend of mine was a CM for years and she drew me a nice map from the Pluto lot on top of a google map. Without that I'd agree it's confusing. She actually encouraged me to go with the Ball Rd location. And good point about the stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter