Large Group, not all dining together and dining plan

LJC1861

DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Suffers from a Tag
Hi,

I am heading to WDW with my sister, brother-in-law and nieces in June. We will be in 2 rooms at Saratoga Springs and using the basic DDP.

The girls will be staying in my room, but their parents are paying for their dining plan. There are times when we will be dining in smaller groups rather than one large group. How are dining plan credits handled?

Will every room card have the dining credits for that person on it? Or is one card for the entire party the "keeper of the credits?"

I generally use the dining plan with just my partner and I so I have never run into this issue, and I know my slightly OCD bro in law will want to know the specific answer to this question.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Linda

DP credits are generally assigned per room. So the girls credits will be on the KTTW cards for your room. What I would suggest is to make sure the girls cards are also loaded with their credits. That way when they eat with their parents the parents can use the girls cards to pay for their bill and their own card to pay for the parents meals.

This loading may be automatic, however I know they asked if we wanted our then 5yo's card to have charging privleges, we said no. Not sure if that also included meal credit charging for his card. We always used our adult cards to pay for our meals and snacks.

Hope you have a fantasic time with those nieces!

Depends on whether you have two rooms on one reservation or two rooms, each on a separate reservation, with separate reservation numbers.

If both rooms are on the same reservation, then all dining credits for both rooms will be accessible from all KTTW cards assigned to everyone in both rooms (even the kids).

If they are on separate reservations, those registered in each room will have key card access only to the credits allocated to that reservation. In that case, if both groups are dining together, one KTTW card from each room must be used for payment. If the kids are registered in your room, their parents in another, and they go and eat with their parents, the kids will have to carry a KTTW card from their own room in order to access their dining credits.

Thanks!

The girls are registered in my room....so I suppose that I will be the keeper of their credits.

This is going to be a great trip!

Linda

My experience matches TDC Nala's. It depends on how the rooms were booked.

If you have one confirmation number for everything then all of the DDP credits will be on all of the KTTW. If you have two confirmation numbers then the
credits will be split according to the way you have people registered in each room.

HTH-- Mary

Last June we had 2 rooms @ POP (2 in each room) on the same reservation but we had to take a card from each room when ordering a TS or a CS. They took 2 credits off each card and they will not take 4 off of 1 card so you need a card from each room. So if you go your separate was in the parks to eat 1 group take a card form 1 room and 1 group a card from the other room.
At least this is how it worked for us, it's Disney and thinks change according to the CM taking your order.
So our experience is more like septbaby (credits per room).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter