Laptops..

Sunny Soph

<font color=darkorchid>I am known by, Posting aloa
If I was to buy a laptop in florida, Do you know if any of them would work here in the UK, Since Laptops work out cheaper if you buy them in the US, And we would buy one, But we are not sure wheather they work here.

Many thanks

Pretty sure they should all be ok. I am 99% sure that our iBook is exactly the same as the US one, except with a slightly different power cable.

To be honest unless you are capable of fixing one when it breaks it is much easier to buy here and take out the guarantee for breakdown. My laptop needed an engineer out to fix the broken screen and it was no problem, fixed within the hour and it didn't leave home.

Claire ;)

But they are alot dearer here than they are in the US, And I don't want to spend over 199 pound on one.

The keyboard layouts may be slightly different as well :)
Probably won't have a ££££ or a €€€€ key.

The keyboard layouts may be slightly different as well :)
Probably won't have a ££££ or a €€€€ key.

I got a virus on my last computer, And I got a new one, And the keyboard is exactly like that

The power cable will be different as the voltage will be 110V where as we are 230V over here.

The dvd drive will be region 1 not region 2 but if you watch region 2 dvds on it, it will eventually lock it to region 2 permanently.

The major problem as many have mentioned is that if it goes wrong the warranty will not cover it over here and it will cost a lot in labour charges alone and you could get stung for tax bringing it into the country.

In my experience, providing you search for the best reputable price and discount coupons etc, there is very little difference in prices now between the UK and the US...certainly not enough to warrant the loss of warranty, and even more so with the strong exchange rate.

Chances are the power supply will be multi-voltage, so its probably simply a matter of chopping off the 2 pin plug and bunging on a UK plug. A quick check on the writing on the side of the power supply will confirm its range.

The keyboard markings will be diffferent yes, but what actualy appears when typed is simply a software regional setting.

I bought a Sony Vaio laptop in Florida last time I went (about 3 years ago now sadly :() and all was good until it broke and I had to get it repaired. I was told that because it was american it would have to be repaired in the states. Now I don't know if this is actually true, but I ended up sending it back to the US and it was a very frustrating and time consuming business. Just something to be wary of. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter