Lapbanders Dining Plan

simba35217

Simba35217
I've heard that Disney gives a discount for people who have had the lapband surgury. Is this true or has anyone else heard this. It would make sense because if you have had the surgury you can't eat an adult meal. I was told if you have proof of the surgury you can get the dining plan for the child price.

Not sure if I really believe that. My husband had that surg. last year and can still eat more than me - even though he has lost 60 pounds!

This is not true. Some places if you ask for a manager will let you pay the child's buffet price but it totally depends on the manager's discretion. You definitely can't get the whole DDP for the child's rate.

I can say no...There is no such thing. I was looking into something like that for my mil who had gastric bypass surgery. Also, it is up to each individual restaurant, because Disney will tell you that for buffets, an adult is an adult...surgery or not... At a TS, someone who has had the surgery can either order off the kid's menu or order something small.

At table service, anyone can order off the children's menu. It's a total waste of a dining plan credit, but the children's menu choices are actually quite good.

Just think about it for a minute. If Disney offered you the dining plan at the child's price, they would be losing money every time you ordered an adult menu item, regardless of if it were a much smaller portion.

If Disney offered you the Kid's price and told you that you must order off the kid's menu, you wouldn't be happy. How much pizza, chicken strips and pasta with marinara sauce could you eat and not grow sick of it? :rotfl2:

If Disney did that, wouldn't they have to offer the same thing to naturally light eaters? I know people who seem like they don't eat more than 5 bites at a meal....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter