• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lap Infant on tsm? & FP q

Ash&Wes07

If loving lists is wrong, I don't want to be right
DS will be 5 mo when we are in WDW.

Is TSM a ride we can do as a lap infant (technically he'd be in my moby wrap so my hands are free), or would it be better for DH & I to ride separately and just take DD(2y) twice?

If we FPed the ride, how does that work with DD? She obviously won't have a ticket to get a FP and TSM doesn't do rider switch.

I would say ride twice with DD. She doesn't need a FP so you each get one and she goes with each of you.

Even if they would let you take him you wouldn't really be able to enjoy it as I think it would be hard to maneuver the controller while wearing a baby.

BTW ~ I wore my DD at WDW when she was four months old and it warms my heart even now just thinking about it. It was such a wonderful experience! I even considered wearing her last trip at 3 years.... but DH said it would be too hard for me.

My DS was 7 months old when we went last year. My DD(4 at the time) rode with my DH and my son rode on my lap. I got a better score in TSM than my DH did!

DS was 4 1/2mo when we went last year. He rode on it 3 times with me (he was in a snugli carrier, so same idea as the moby wrap). I did put my chin on the top of his head when we were moving, but he didn't need it. He was perfectly fine - even falling asleep the 3rd time we rode it (the other 2, he was smiling and happy). I'd do it again in a heartbeat - I never felt he was unsafe in any way. DH and DS1 were in another car and my mom rode with us - I got the high score of us each time, so it didn't interfere with my playing at all - I had a blast :)

I held a 7-month-old in my lap, and he didn't like it much whenever the car twirled around to the next scene.

I'd probably recommend riding separately since you have a 2-year-old who might enjoy riding twice. If you have two Fast Passes (for self and spouse), then you don't need Rider Switch (since 2-year-old doesn't need a Fast Pass to use Fast Pass lane).

All of you wouldn't be able to be in the same car anyway if you rode together (unless you put 2-year-old in the middle, and then she wouldn't get to shoot at the targets).

My 11mo freaked out when we moved from one scene to another, even with me holding onto him. Now, a 5mo might not be bothered so much. It's not going to harm a baby, though. Of course, if you use a rider switch, your 2yo could ride twice, and she'll probably be begging to!

I would say it totally depends on your child's demeanor. If you feel they would be up for it, be sure to make sure their head doesn't whip when you change scenes. I took my DD when she was 9 months old and definitely had to hold her close so she didn't get hurt. If you do that, he/she will be fine.

I don't see how you can hold an infant, aim your gun, and shoot it all at the same time.

You only need three hands. ;)

Unless, of course, the infant is in a sling, which frees up both of your hands.

This wasn't my situation, unfortunately, so when you have only one hand both to aim and to shoot, it is admittedly a challenge. But the silver lining is that you will be sure to improve your score in the future when the child is old enough to sit alone. :)

My son was 6 mths when we went in March. I wore him in the babyhawk carrier and he did great. I say you will be fine with the moby wrap. Have a great time!!!!

My DS was 15 wks old his first trip, and though I did have him in a carrier for TSM, I did not realize how fast the door closes. I was still getting situated when the car started closing. I think my DS liked all the bright colors. I did not even think twice about taking him on TSM. Any ride he was allowed on, I took him on.

Our GD rode while on mom's lap, now she's big enough to sit by herself. As others have mentioned, there is NO Child Swap on this ride, so that is not an option. Because this is a family ride child swap is not available. I've witnessed folks being told this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter