Lanyards...

We found some really cute Disney lanyards at Party City that were $2 or less. I bought some clear business card/name tag holders to clip on at Walmart for just a few bucks too.

You charge everything to your Key to the World card so a lot of people just put that on a lanyard. It's all you need when on the ship! No purse needed! Also you get to put cool pins on it!

The Key to the World is used not the wrist bands like at WDW? Its our first cruise, perhaps a silly question, I have them out to pack.

The Key to the World is used not the wrist bands like at WDW? Its our first cruise, perhaps a silly question, I have them out to pack.

No Magic Bands on DCL (yet). They do use them for the kids clubs, although those magic bands don't appear to be interchangeable with WDW magic bands.

The magic bands you may have from park vacations can be used as kids club bands. They activated when you first sign them in. It could be helpful for your child to have his different colored one with his name on it. Plus you save the refundable $12.50 charge.

The magic bands you may have from park vacations can be used as kids club bands. They activated when you first sign them in. It could be helpful for your child to have his different colored one with his name on it. Plus you save the refundable $12.50 charge.

Is that official now? Last I read was that the bands are technically compatible (they're obviously made by the same manufacturer), but they weren't going to activate WDW bands on DCL. I think it was this disneyparks article.

The nursery said that they do it, but mileage in kids club may vary. Maybe they don't want arguments.

I think she was reiterating that it doesn't work as a payment/room key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter