• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lanyards

Nohal

DIS Veteran
I use a cross body bag but after reading some info on rides at Universal I'm considering getting a lanyard. Where did you buy your lanyard and in what department did you find one? I went to Walmart and the lady I asked had no idea what I was talking about. I don't plan on going on any of the roller coasters but thought I read somewhere that you need a locker for rides like The Simpsons, Men in Black, one of the HP rides, etc. Will I be ok with the cross body bag only?

Home Depot has them up front by the resisters. FYE and Hot Topic have them as well.

I got some great Harry Potter lanyards off ebay, then purchased zip-top id holders to attach to them.

Walmart has lanyards in several spots - very plain ones with no id holder in office supplies, jeweled and beaded types at the jewelry counter (again, no pouch), and some with the keychains in the watch / jewelry dept. Sometimes those last ones have a pouch, sometimes not. Ebay has a HUGE selection of lanyards with just about every character imaginable. Most don't have the zip-top pouches, which I consider to be essential for a theme park trip, but if you have the time to wait for them, you can get a dozen of those from China in 3-6 weeks (also off ebay). I think I paid $5 for 12, which will last the rest of our lives.

They sell the lanyards there too. I got a harry potter one last time i was there and it was realy good quality...tho i remeber it being slightly expensive. And they will make you put your bag in the locker. Even.If its a small cross body bag. But the lockers are free while you ride

On a side note, if you buy one at Universal, it will have the zip-top pouch.

And....if you buy them at Universal, and any part of it breaks, they will replace it free of charge.

A small metal connector came off of my husband's Simpson's lanyard while riding Hulk, and they replaced the whole thing without question (and without our receipt).

I got mine at Walmart in the office supply section..On the rides like MIB or HP NO crossbody bags allowed.So a lanyard is a good way to go

I got some great Harry Potter lanyards off ebay, then purchased zip-top id holders to attach to them.

Walmart has lanyards in several spots - very plain ones with no id holder in office supplies, jeweled and beaded types at the jewelry counter (again, no pouch), and some with the keychains in the watch / jewelry dept. Sometimes those last ones have a pouch, sometimes not. Ebay has a HUGE selection of lanyards with just about every character imaginable. Most don't have the zip-top pouches, which I consider to be essential for a theme park trip, but if you have the time to wait for them, you can get a dozen of those from China in 3-6 weeks (also off ebay). I think I paid $5 for 12, which will last the rest of our lives.

When you search on ebay did you search for zip-top pouches or something else? I had a look at lanyards on ebay.ca but the selection wasn't very good and most didn't have the zip type pouch. I did just buy some laminating sleeves from the dollar store that I can put my fast pass in so it won't get wet, but I would rather have the pouches.

You can also get a simple clip on name badge holder and attach it to any lanyard (or directly to your cross body purse). Party City has a ridiculously good assortment of character lanyards for dirt cheap ($0.99 if I recall correctly). It's just convenient to have an easy, secure, somewhat dry spot for the Express passes since they are checked when you enter the line and then scanned at a 2nd point in the line.

3 rides only allow lanyards with nothing else. Several other rides allow pouches with a 3 prong clasp and lanyards (but not cross body bags). The rest allow whatever.

A ziptop pouch would be nice for extra protection for water rides. (My pass got damp). Otherwise, not necessary.

When you search on ebay did you search for zip-top pouches or something else? I had a look at lanyards on ebay.ca but the selection wasn't very good and most didn't have the zip type pouch. I did just buy some laminating sleeves from the dollar store that I can put my fast pass in so it won't get wet, but I would rather have the pouches.

I just checked the particular item I purchased and it looks like you could search on ID pouch or badge holder. I probably specified clear id holder or something similar.

you can buy a badge holder at many places.
walmart, target, Bass Pro shop in the fishing department.

the plastic holder seals shut and has a safety pin attached to the back of it so you can wear it on clothing.
$ . 99

sometimes i just go with that when i do water rides for the afternoon.
but usually wear the lanyard that has the velcro zippered UO wallet.

Success! I looked under waterproof ID pouches and for $4.50 Canadian I was able to get 10 of them. Great as we are a party of 8. Now all I need do is check out the pretty lanyards to go with them.

Yes a few at the hotel and some at the Universal store in Citywalk.

They were selling Universal lanyards outside the parks - near the entrance and on the bridges crossing over from City Walk (when I was there a week ago)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter