• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lanyards/Pins and airport security???

Disney's Fab 4

Luv'n The House Of Mouse!
Does anyone out there know the answer to this???? I know leaving Orlando the screeners at security didn't give us a hassel about the lanyards/pins, BUT has anyone had a problem at their airport going back to Orlando???

Last time we were in WDW the kids got the lanyards and wanted to wear them back to WDW (Orlando) from our airport, didn't know with all the security issues if anyone had ever had a problem with this?:confused3

it has never been an issue to the best of my knowledge.

I've been wondering the exact same thing myself.

I've got no experience with lanyards, but I always wear my Tigger hat which is covered in Stitch pins to and from Orlando when visiting WDW ... I've never had any problems with security (just remember to put it in the bin and keep and eye on the pins!).

We had the same concern on our trip in January - along with lanyards we had a box with over 100 pins in our carry on and we had no issues coming or going with all the pins.

Happy travels....

The only problem would be to try to wear the lanyard through the metal detector. Just prepare the kids that they have to take the lanyard off and put it in a bin with all the other stuff, and that you get it back on the other side.

:thumbsup2

Thank you all for the info......

The boys were really exceited to wear them into Logan Airport in Mass, so that everyone would know where they were going... I would have just packed them but when we get to WDW, we just go once our feet hit the floor and our bags usually don't arrive until after us sometime... So this works out for us!!! :woohoo:

Thank you!!!:)

One time while flying out of Orlando International Airport with my pins the TSA screeners knew what they were right away, so it's not like they have not seen them before. All they did was a quck check and that was it. Funny thing is the next time when we were flying out of OIA was when the Terror Alert was at Orange and I thought for sure my pins would have been searched, however they were not. I guess because they could tell what they were they did not feel they had to look threw them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter