Lanyards for holding tickets/photopass?

dunbarfamily

I'm a proud WDW-loving wife and mama to six
It always seems like we're fumbling around at the last minute trying to figure out which pocket we put the photopass or room key in. Any advice on whether to use a lanyard or not? I've read mixed reviews about them. Some say keys get lost this way, others say keys DON'T get lost this way.

Any advise on brands? Do you use them? Why or why not?

It always seems like we're fumbling around at the last minute trying to figure out which pocket we put the photopass or room key in. Any advice on whether to use a lanyard or not? I've read mixed reviews about them. Some say keys get lost this way, others say keys DON'T get lost this way.

Any advise on brands? Do you use them? Why or why not?

Easy to find for a couple of bucks at Wal-mart, Office Depot, etc.

They are designed to hold "employee badges" worn by workers at certain companies.

And although I've seen guests wear them at WDW, I would never do it myself.
It could catch on something and be pulled off boarding/exiting rides and in tight crowds.

My party's tix stay in my wallet.

I would love to hear anyones responses on this. We do the same thing and last trip I noticed people with the little plastic pouches on their lanyards. I don't know if I want one...but I could get DH to wear one!

I've used the lanyard sold by the folks who do the Passporter guide on our last 2 trips. I love it, though I'm sure I look might touristy wearing it. I stuff it inside my shirt most of the time, so it's not always noticeable. In it I place: my room key, everybody's park pass (I'm the fastpass dude in our bunch), any fastpasses we're holding, any touring notes I might have, receipts for items purchased in the park that day.

Here's a link to it: http://www.passporterstore.com/store/0966899437.aspx

I love having my tickets and what not around my neck. It makes those quick ice cream purchases a breeze (charge it to the room!) and there's no need to fumble for my photopass card or fast passes.
I yanked on mine a few good times before I started wearing it like that and decided that I would really feel it if it were ripped off my neck.

I have seen pass holders on a retractable clip. I don't have one so I can't tell you how well it works. I have seen them on ebay and I was told from these board that I should be able to find a pass holder quite easily within the resort and parks.

What exactly is a "photopass"?

Is this a season ticket thing?

:rotfl: Touristy? Shameless that's me! I bought lanyards for all my kids. I bought cute wallets at the dollar store and attatched them on with a key ring. This is not for "their tickets" but to hold copies of ID and emergency money Just in case...Hotel phone number etc. I am a nut when it comes to overprotecting. It is also for quick access to their disney gift certificates and oh... lets not forget international calling card!!!! That's for them. Now onto me, the adult protecting the tickets. I have bought a walet/cell phone holder that I have attatched to a lanyard but then I found this great cross over the shoulder 8*8*2" travel bag that has many zippers and compartments so I think I will use this. I think it will be good to organize all my dining reciepts and other chargeable items for later reference.

What exactly is a "photopass"?

There are Disney photogs all over WDW.
They will take your group's pic as much as you like, and you may then purchase as many of these photos as you'd like, at the end of the trip.
You can view the pics on-line.

The first time you get snapped, the photog will hand you a card (credit card-sized "Photopass") that you will then hand to each photog to scan during the rest of the trip to identify you.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/specialindex?id=DisneyPhotoPassPage

Click above for more.

I had them for everyone and I loved it. I too kept the card/key in it and any fast passes. My DH, however, did not like his. He said it bothered him and was just as easy to take it out of his wallet.:confused3 I just whipped mine out and I was done. I got the kind with the plastic, sealed envelope and also the other hooks for waterbottle, cell, etc. I never used them except a few times for my camera. I loved it and found it really handy. It didn't get in my way or wrapped around anything. I bought mine online but you can get them in the park too for the same price.

I'd rather not have something dangling around my neck. I find that putting my fast passes in the same folder that my AP comes in, then sticking that in my pocket works out just fine.

I loved having everything on my lanyard last year. I even attached my camera to one and carried it that way. It was nice when it was raining to put on a poncho and still be able to get to everything (hard to get at the backpack under there!). I've already bought new ones for our Thanksgiving trip. I bought myself a camo lanyard at Walmart, and an Ole Miss wallet to attach with plenty of room for photopass and our room keys. For the kids, I bought the cheap ones on the black lanyards at Office Depot. They were around $3, and have a clear pouch and a zip up compartment. They can carry their gift cards with them, and a few pennies and quarters to press.

We used lanyards to hold everything for our first trip in May. I got the lanyards at Target, $1 spot, they were Pirates of the Carribbean. I bought the SEALABLE pouch at REI. I searched a lot of places for a pouch that was sealable and could not find one anywhere. REI had exactly what I wanted. The lanyards worked out great. We put our passes & photopass card in there. They could scan the photopass number right through the pouch which was great b/c I didn't have to take it out everytime. I also put a card in there with our name & cell # in case it got lost. DD(4) had one with more info, like our resort, etc........ DD had a 1st visit button which we pinned on the lanyard. We also had those mini-mister fans from Walmart and those had a little clip. DD had hers clipped on there too.

Here's a pic where you can see the lanyard & misting fan:

Disneyworld07337resized.jpg
[/IMG]

I have used them for all my trips to both WDW and DL and love them.

I have never had any issues with them getting tugged off or unhooking, and it keeps my ticket, FP's and photopas card in one spot. No digging in my wallet trying to find where I put them last and no chance of them falling out of my pocket.

I use a water wallet you can buy at the water parks. I really love it and it is waterproof

I've used the lanyard sold by the folks who do the Passporter guide on our last 2 trips.
Here's a link to it: http://www.passporterstore.com/store/0966899437.aspx

Thanks for sharing the link...I really like that! I think I will get that and try it out.

I already have 1 pouch that I bought a couple of months ago that I keep my season pass and photo pass in but I still keep it in my fanny pack. It has a clip on it and a keychain on it but I just keep worrying that it will break off. It also has the sealable clear pouch AND the rubber grip that holds the water/soda bottles. It's very multi-functional, but I worry the more that I put on/in it the more it's likely to break!

I just bought a different type though that is a laynard for the fastpasses. I'm sure I could keep my photopass in there too but since it doesn't seal closed I wouldn't keep my season tickets in there....so the passporter laynard is a nice alternative.

I keep wanting to leave my fanny pack behind (no pun intended) so I don't have to stand in the security lines. Plus it gets to be heavier as the day goes on.

Oh, before I forget, I did buy one of the rubber grips that holds the water/soda bottles at one end and is a large clip on the other end (so it's supposed to clip on to your pants belt loop or other area) but I just wanted to warn everyone...DON'T BOTHER! Mine broke after using it just twice (as in opening and closing the clip twice) and when I went back to replace it I tried two others that also broke....major piece of JUNK.

I've worn a lanyard for our last two trips and thought it was great!! No more fumbling for my family's passes, etc.....never had any trouble with it, and will never do WDW without one again.

So many store "rewards" now come with a hole-punch in them so you can attach them to your key chain. It would be great if Disney made their cards this way so we could hook them to keys or zippers on wallets. A lot of purses come with an attached key hook in them, too. I would love this feature on the key cards!

My boyfriend and I love the lanyards - we bought ours at DTD! They keep our APs, room keys and PhotoPasses handy. Ours also have a small rubber ring for hanging a 20-oz drink bottle too - although that gets a little heavy for me at times.

TIP: If you turn your PhotoPass so the bar code is legible through the plastic, the photographers can most times scan it without your having to remove it. Saves time!

We love them! Plus - where else would we put all our Disney collectible pins?

:tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter