Lanyard Recommendation

I vaguely remember people mentioning that a majority of the lanyards sold at USO come with plastic holders, if you're looking to buy another.
Can anyone confirm? Are they seal-able so they won't get soaked on water rides?

I vaguely remember people mentioning that a majority of the lanyards sold at USO come with plastic holders, if you're looking to buy another.
Can anyone confirm? Are they seal-able so they won't get soaked on water rides?

Yes Universal sells the lanyards with the zip plastic holders. We always put the tickets facing one widow and express pass facing the other window and hotel room key in the middle. They can scan your tickets through the plastic.

Our tickets have never gotten wet with these.

Looks like SharkyGoddess has a good alternative to buying another lanyard by buying just the attachable plastic holder.

We have resealable plastic pouches and our EP/tickets have never gotten wet form water rides or torrential downpours we've been caught in.

We had a thin plastic pouch actually rip off and go flying at Disneyland, and they never found out APs. Since at DLR they make you pay for replacement cards that was an expensive lesson.

I use a Witz brand (purchased from REI) hard plastic case that fits:

Keycard
AP
EP
CC
License
Insurance card
Some cash

It seals firmly, is watertight, and I like it.

Been looking at lanyards on Amazon. A lot of them have a safety clip in the back that looks like it could easily detach. Anyone have any issues w/ theirs detaching? Do the UO lanyards have a safety clip?

My lanyard has what looks like a dog leash clip. It's 12 years old, is kept hanging from my rearview mirror in the southern heat, has been drenched and snagged on numerous objects and has held up. I do need to replace the pouch as it's looking dingy.

Been looking at lanyards on Amazon. A lot of them have a safety clip in the back that looks like it could easily detach. Anyone have any issues w/ theirs detaching? Do the UO lanyards have a safety clip?

Some do. DH has a Jurassic World one that does, but my Harry Potter one doesn't. It does have a buckle to detach the plastic pouch, however.

We always buy a new lanyard right at Universal when we go as a little souvenir. We've found them to be good quality and they are relatively inexpensive.

Ordered these from Amazon today.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...c9bc4c3b4&pf_rd_i=705348011&tag=vglnk-c911-20
Also purchased lanyards for myself & my 2 nephews for our May 2018 trip to USO, one St Louis Cardinals, one Mizzou Tigers, & one Pittsburgh Steelers. Had to order the Steelers one from Amazon too. The other two I was able to buy at my local Rally House in St Louis. One nephew is a HUGE Steelers fan, so another team just wouldn't work!!
I feel like I'm way ahead of the game w/ my planning. Thanks for all of your posts & recommendations!! We are excited to go but are waiting for Fast & Furious to open. Now I need to look into Universal gift cards. Saw a suggestion to buy them here & there to help offset cost. Excellent idea!!!

We had a thin plastic pouch actually rip off and go flying at Disneyland, and they never found out APs. Since at DLR they make you pay for replacement cards that was an expensive lesson.

I use a Witz brand (purchased from REI) hard plastic case that fits:

Keycard
AP
EP
CC
License
Insurance card
Some cash

It seals firmly, is watertight, and I like it.

I have one of these too, and I really like it. I had a resealable case leak once, so I decided to get a better option for water ride days. I like it so much, I use it every day now. It holds my AP, Express Pass, credit card, ID, room key, and some cash. Obviously it is bulkier than the resealable ones, but I feel the Witz is much more secure. I don't have to carry a wallet now.

Any suggestions for purchasing badge holders to carry ticket/key/express pass?

We have lots of lanyards, so I would like to buy just the plastic holders if possible.

Something like these...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...c590-5d5a-ae6a-f8cc9bc4c3b4&pf_rd_i=705348011

or would something more heavy duty be better?

The ones pictured in the Amazon listing are my preferred design. I would get the larger of the vertical holders though. It's makes it easier to get items in and out and the narrower ones are sometimes just too tight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter