Landry's Vouchers from Raise??

auger

DIS Veteran
Has anyone purchased a Landry's voucher from Raise before?
I am considering it, but I can't find any terms of use anywhere.

Lol! Sorry I didn't see your post first! I just asked the same question!

It's an electronic gift card is all. I have used more than one at a time and you can use it for the tip as well.
It's just like a regular gift card, if the full balance isn't used they return it to you to continue using. There's no expiration listed on it either.

Amanda

It's an electronic gift card is all. I have used more than one at a time and you can use it for the tip as well.
It's just like a regular gift card, if the full balance isn't used they return it to you to continue using. There's no expiration listed on it either.

Amanda

So, did you actually purchase yours through Raise?
The main reason I am worried, is because of all of the posts where people are saying their gift card balances are disappearing from cards purchased from Raise.
I don't want to have to use the entire balance in one trip, but I also don't want to have someone else steal the rest from me.
I know Raise only offers a 60 day guarantee. We would not be able to use the remaining balance until September.

My first purchase with Raise was fine. Got the $100 Starbucks GC and transferred the amount to my registered Starbucks' card. No problem.

Second purchase was a nightmare. Once again I ordered the $100 Starbucks GC. The first card was registered, so I called Raise's customer service. A new GC # was sent to me. Again, it was registered. Called again, this time I stayed on the line and transfer went through after another 2 cards. So, I thought it was the end of it. 3 days later, I got an email from Starbucks at midnight--my card was deactivated and call customer service which was closed at the time. I went on Starbucks' website, the card was gone and so was my Starbucks Rewards. OMG. Called first thing in the morning. Someone reported the card as a missing card. Starbucks refunded my balance minus the $100 as an one time courtesy. I had to call Raise for the refund. When I called Raise, the agent processes the refund. No apology or offered a discount for future purchase. Well, I was not going to do it again anyway. I'm totally scare of buying discounted giftcards from those sites now. I'm happy with my 5% target discounts.

The problem with Raise is that you are buying directly from the crook. They know when the card has been sold and know they can then use the balance and it will be very hard to prove who used it. Or they can knowingly sell you an empty card.

If you purchase a card through places like Cardpool, they buy the card and verify them before selling them to you. The crook doesn't know when the card sells and if he uses it before it's sold, it can traced back to them and not the new buyer. There are crooks selling to Cardpool but a lot fewer as they prefer places like Raise.

I purchase thousands of dollars in second hand gift cards a year. The vast majority are fine but a few require seeking refunds. I only used Raise one time and like 4 out of 5 cards had no balance so I stopped buying from them after getting my money refunded.

I have purchased thousands of dollars from Raise with zero problems, including Landry and other restaurant giftcards. I had one card not make it out of Raise -- was notified that there was an issue and my money was never withdrawn from my account.

I have purchased thousands of dollars from Raise with zero problems, including Landry and other restaurant giftcards. I had one card not make it out of Raise -- was notified that there was an issue and my money was never withdrawn from my account.

Having the physical giftcard does not eliminate possible fraud. In many cases, you can use the number online.

I have purchased both "ecards" and physical cards. I just make sure I use them within the guarantee period (60 days for Raise).

The problem with Raise is that you are buying directly from the crook. They know when the card has been sold and know they can then use the balance and it will be very hard to prove who used it. Or they can knowingly sell you an empty card.

If you purchase a card through places like Cardpool, they buy the card and verify them before selling them to you. The crook doesn't know when the card sells and if he uses it before it's sold, it can traced back to them and not the new buyer. There are crooks selling to Cardpool but a lot fewer as they prefer places like Raise.

I purchase thousands of dollars in second hand gift cards a year. The vast majority are fine but a few require seeking refunds. I only used Raise one time and like 4 out of 5 cards had no balance so I stopped buying from them after getting my money refunded.

Yep. I have had the same issues. I purchased three at the same time (my first and only order with Raise). I got a Starbucks, Target, and Five Guys. Only the Starbucks one was valid. The Target e-gift card was not valid. And the Five Guys was a physical gift card; it was embarassing when I handed the cashier a gift card with ZERO on it.

While Raise gave me my money back, I will NEVER use them again. Too much hassle.

What you can do is buy the discounted Target Gift cards at 4-5% off and use that with your RED card (I'm assuming you have one? ) to get a total of 9-10% off. They have e vouchers. This way you don't have to worry about fraud since you'll be using the Target Gift card right away.

Thanks everyone! Think I will stay away from raise unless I will be using the gcard or voucher that day.

OP I hope you were able to take advantage of the gift card deal Target had going on last week (or maybe the week before? ). I was able to save about 20% total on some gift cards.

Agree with SusieQ. We're heading down in a week. Planning to buy a Landry's card from raise to use at T-Rex.

I bought a $200 Disney card about 2 years ago from Raise (at 15% off!). I finally used it a couple of months ago to book CRT - no issues but I have heard of many people having problems with Starbucks cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter