• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

land/sea cruise

KYCruiseCrazy

<font color=blue>I'll be drooling and dreaming<br>
what is the best resort on the 3 day land 4 day sea cruise? i might have 2 kids with me 6 and 8 both girls? thanks for the help. oh yeah what is included with the land package? the parks? any free meals? thanks:wave:

We just did the land/sea and had 4 days land at the Polynesian. It was sooo nice. We loved the pool and the view of the lagoon as well as Cinderellas Castle. We loved the location because of the monorail and how easy it was to get to MK and Epcot. Oh, and O'hana's was our favorite meal of all. Our package gave us ultimate park hopper passes which gave us access to any park at any time during the 4 days. We did not get meals included while at the parks but of course they are included in the sea portion. Hope this helps!!:wave2:

I have to chime in and agree with Sherr. We just returned from our 2nd land and sea, and stayed at the Poly both times. We spent several park days at the MK (DS is 7), so having monorail access to that park was great.

One day, we took the bus to AK and spent about 1/2 day there. From AK, we took the bus to Epcot and then took the monorail back to the Poly late in the evening. DS really enjoyed the various modes of travel, and it was easy.

AT the end of the day, I think it depends on which park you plan to visit the most. The Poly gave us easy access to what we wanted along with a relaxed resort theme.::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :sunny: :smooth: :hyper: :teeth:

We have a 3land/4sea booked starting 6/10. we are staying at the POLY. How did you get a lagoon view? From what I understand thay usually put all "cruise pkg" holders in same building for luggage collection purposes and that building is not a laggon view.

When we did our 3land/4 sea it was my understanding that where you stayed on property was determined by which room you choose for the cruise portion. Since we had a Family suite Cat 4 they put us in the Poly but my inlaws went in a Cat 7 Navigator and they wanted to put them in Port Orleans French Quarter (I think that's the name of it) but we paid extra to upgrade them to a connecting room at the Poly.

According to DCL website:

Cat's 12, 11,10,9,8 they say POR or POFQ

Cat's 7, 6, 5, and 4 they offer WDW Swan and Dolphin, Beach Club, Animal Kingdom or the Poly

If you book a Cat 1, 2 or 3 they give you Grand Floridian

They do give you unlimited park hopper passes and of course you can use the transportation in the park system, it doesnt include transfers to the hotel or to the cruiseship, air or insurance. All of your meals are taken care of on the ship but not in the parks.

HTH
Heidi

We stayed at the Beach Club and found it to be very enjoyable and within walking distance of Epcot. It had gorgeous pool areas along with a great slide that we did over and over and over and over with DS5 at the time. I have never stayed at the Poly so I can not make any comparisons between the two. - Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter