Land & Sea advice needed

alyn

Earning My Ears
Hello - we are considering doing 3-4 days at Disney before taking the 4 night Bahamian Disney cruise. We'd like to do this in January, because the crowds will be low at Disney, but fear it will be too cold for the cruise. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

I live in florida and might I suggest if you cruise in jan you use wonder or Magic the ones that go to Cozumel. We cruised several years ago in jan the high was about 70 it was 45 when we checked in at Vero Beach. The water was much too cold for me so we just used the paddle boat and did the aqua duck and hot tubs. We cruised this past Dec early and the weather was better mid 70's. I did swim out to the waterslides much better weather. Jan at the parks can be hit or miss early to mid Jan has the marathon and can be quite busy and crowded. Also sometimes some of the rides are down such as Splash and the pools as well. Just so you know

We just got off a cruise this past January, 2013 and it was excellent! We traveled East Caribbean and we even thought the water in Nassau was nice. It was a little cool but the general outside temp was 70-80 depending on which port we were at. I can't complain at all about. In fact we booked a 2nd cruise for January 2014!

We've done 2 Easterns in January, and while the water at CC was a bit chilly, we still swam and it was fine. I think it all depends on what you're used to. We're from NC, and winters, while warmer than up north, are still pretty chilly so the weather and the water were still much better than being home! :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone! I'm still going to consider it. We are from the Niagara Falls area so almost ANYWHERE is warmer

Wow, I can't imagine swimming at Castaway Cay in January. We just sailed on the Dream 2 weeks ago and I couldn't bare the water at Castaway Cay. The temps were a high of about 78 and my kids didnt mind, but it was way too cold for me. But, we are from Louisiana and it is hot and humid here. That's how I like the beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter