Land Of The Lost - The DVC Members with Resort Reservations and No Tickets Crying Room....

That is a great idea! I wonder if the DVC preview center will be open at SSR. I'd definitely take the time to do that on our July trip, considering we have another DVC trip in October, and only one out of the four of us has a ticket right now. Who wants to join me? :teeth:
Can we offer our opinions to the potential new buyers?

We could explain WHY we are taking the tour INSTEAD of being in the parks

Last edited:
No it does not! Neither does based on park availability. I don't understand the reasoning of giving people with park tickets priority over those with Disney hotel reservations

Because tickets get you into a park...hotel reservations don’t. If you oversell, then you have to refund someone.

Now, if they don’t sell any more before at least giving those a chance, potentially less refunds...which is why all tickets bought through June 6th, became flex tickets with the ability to use the days over multiple trips,

Not saying onsite guests will agree, but it does make sense to allow those who did buy tickets before this type of system a chance.

Personally, I don’t see them giving them a large window to reserve before opening up sales...and as noted, it does appear that resort reservations were thought about based on what we are seeing today now that APs are being locked out when a resort guest is not,

I don't understand why Disney let people make brand new room/ticket reservations for 2021 before allowing those that purchased tickets for offsite stays during the closure to reserve parks. That definitely strikes me as a pure money grab.

Because tickets get you into a park...hotel reservations don’t. If you oversell, then you have to refund someone.

Now, if they don’t sell any more before at least giving those a chance, potentially less refunds...which is why all tickets bought through June 6th, became flex tickets with the ability to use the days over multiple trips,

Not saying onsite guests will agree, but it does make sense to allow those who did buy tickets before this type of system a chance.

Personally, I don’t see them giving them a large window to reserve before opening up sales...and as noted, it does appear that resort reservations were thought about based on what we are seeing today now that APs are being locked out when a resort guest is not,
I completely understand what you're saying, but I think most DVC members are going to buy park tickets and should be more flexible as we go more often (although I could be way off base with the latter statement haha). However, as you said, I'm coming at it as someone with a room reservation without a ticket ;-). If I'm able to get tickets and park reservation, I'm honestly viewing this as probably the most relaxing Disney trip. We won't be bound by fastpasses that I booked 60 days in advance and know that we'll ride whichever rides are available. As a "healthcare professional" who works 24 hour shifts wearing PPE, I'm hoping to get away to my happy place to escape for a few days.... I'd rather be wearing a mask in Disney haha.

Selling hotel room makes more sense than tickets that’s why they did it that way. It says right in the print a room doesn’t guarantee park access so when people with rooms go to book park days and there is no room in parks they don’t need to refund money for rooms. It says not guaranteed. If u sell tickets only and fill parks kinda hard to sell rooms then. Hey come stay here bit I can’t get in the parks though.

Joining the group of people with rooms booked and no tickets :( I am trying to plan an anniversary trip for my parents in sept and a 3 day stay before we go on a cruise in Jan for 16 people! Really hope we can buy some tickets soon :(

I completely understand what you're saying, but I think most DVC members are going to buy park tickets and should be more flexible as we go more often (although I could be way off base with the latter statement haha). However, as you said, I'm coming at it as someone with a room reservation without a ticket ;-). If I'm able to get tickets and park reservation, I'm honestly viewing this as probably the most relaxing Disney trip. We won't be bound by fastpasses that I booked 60 days in advance and know that we'll ride whichever rides are available. As a "healthcare professional" who works 24 hour shifts wearing PPE, I'm hoping to get away to my happy place to escape for a few days.... I'd rather be wearing a mask in Disney haha.

The more I read, the more I realize that Disney really made decisions with out any specific guest in mind because there are many guests unhappy,

Unless you were someone with both tickets and an onsite reservation, every other type of guest is unhappy,

AP holders feel they should have been a priority, Cash guests feel they should be allowed to do what DVC owners would like..sell tickets or be allowed to book without them,

But, it really is seeming like other than those first weeks, people should get into the parks.

Unless it was a last minute trip, I would think many people with July trips would have tickets since sales didn’t shut down until May 28th.

Here is hoping it’s only a few more weeks!

Hi, I have a couple of quick questions for you guys...

(1) Does anyone think they’re holding off on 2020 ticket sales because the total attendance (percent of capacity) will be dependent on phasing based on the covid numbers in Florida or whatever other metric they are looking at?

(2) If you have a 2021 DVC reservation and need tickets, are you buying those through Disney on Sunday, or are you waiting to see if UT (or other third-party vendor) will have them available?

Thx :)

Hi, I have a couple of quick questions for you guys...

(1) Does anyone think they’re holding off on 2020 ticket sales because the total attendance (percent of capacity) will be dependent on phasing based on the covid numbers in Florida or whatever other metric they are looking at?

(2) If you have a 2021 DVC reservation and need tickets, are you buying those through Disney on Sunday, or are you waiting to see if UT (or other third-party vendor) will have them available?

Thx :)

I think they held back because they had no idea how the park system would work and how much demand their might be tickets sold, Right now, not much is booking up.

I don’t know when UT will get tickets. I get updated emails from them as someone who as bought and nothing so far,

But, I think Sunday is going to be a happy day for many...hopefully!

I dont know why i wake up every morning Log in and think just maybe they fixed the DVC Debacle
Me too! LOL I realize that Disney is between a rock and a hard place in their re-opening, but to not even put DVCers/people with reservations at Disney resorts in the mix to make park reservations is asinine (in my opinion)

So maybe I just didnt put it into perspective but if I understand, 2020 ticketholders WITHOUT resort reservations can book park reservations on Sunday.
So DVC owners have officially become the last group of people unable to book and those are the same people who actually own a part of Disney and have spent the most each and every year

I talked to guest services last night. They are being told tickets will be sold second week in July.
As long as we can buy before 7/11. I was able to make park reservations for 5 days even tho now I see our tickets only have 2 days left. No idea how it worked but hoping we can buy before the trip or when we get there.

So maybe I just didnt put it into perspective but if I understand, 2020 ticketholders WITHOUT resort reservations can book park reservations on Sunday.
So DVC owners have officially become the last group of people unable to book and those are the same people who actually own a part of Disney and have spent the most each and every year

It does also include cash guests staying onsite at WDW owned hotels..even DVC.

This July date. Again are we talking 2020 or 2021 cause I heard from 3 cast members 2021 is tomorrow as others have said.

So when tickets are finally sold for 2020. Will inventory for the park reservation come from ticket only or with the hotel? Assuming we have the DVC room booked. OR could we do either???? Hmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter