Land Border Opening?

Gotcha. We used our travel voucher from our Paris trip last year so we booked comfort. When we booked comfort months ago it was definitely a lot cheaper then it is now, if we weren’t using the travel voucher we wouldn’t have been paying for it. We also mostly booked it because at the time we weren’t 100% sure if my DH would be able to go due to the hotel stay and 14 day quarantine, which I could do no problem but he can’t, now that we are both fully vaccinated we don’t have to worry about that and he can come. 😊
DH and I go for our second dose tomorrow and DS 12 is July 25 I believe (we fly out Aug 15) and I’m starting to get cold feet. Not travelling but all the extra steps, and the fact we still have to get our second doses... and just so much to think about.
Also to be honest I’m afraid of some judging us... (travel shaming)
When do you travel?

DH and I go for our second dose tomorrow and DS 12 is July 25 I believe (we fly out Aug 15) and I’m starting to get cold feet. Not travelling but all the extra steps, and the fact we still have to get our second doses... and just so much to think about.
When do you travel?
The travel shaming is real. I went to Cuba in November and December and even though it was one of the safest places to travel and you even had to test on arrival I told no one and neither did the friend I was travelling with. I don't feel like the issue is as prevalent now if you are fully vaccinated. Way more people are travelling now than a few months ago

The travel shaming is real. I went to Cuba in November and December and even though it was one of the safest places to travel and you even had to test on arrival I told no one and neither did the friend I was travelling with. I don't feel like the issue is as prevalent now if you are fully vaccinated. Way more people are travelling now than a few months ago
Thank you!
I still hear quotes like “I wouldn’t travel now, I wouldn’t go to the States yet” etc etc
If I could have gone in Sep to Nov 2020 time frame I would have... cases were relatively low and yes you were testing and the resorts were half empty with so many protocols. My husband can’t quarantine as he owns a business and can’t take additional time off post vacation but yeah. I would have gone too :)

“They” can shame away - I am impervious to shame. Right from the beginning we've followed each federal, provincial and municipal restriction to the letter, including cutting short a March 2020 trip and coming home when Canadians were recalled. I’ve always said we’d travel again as soon as we were officially permitted and we will. As far as personal safety goes, well, vaccination either works or it doesn’t and we’re staking getting our lives back on the idea that it does. I’m fully vaccinated and have no qualms about going anywhere.

When do you travel?

We are going Sept 18-25. I wouldn’t worry about travel shaming. You are doing everything you are required to so I just thinks they can mind their own business.

Has anyone looked at the app this morning? It doesn’t seem to be updated?

I have and nope it isn’t, they just said today and since it technically doesn’t go into effect until 11:59pm I’m sure they will take their time to do it. This is the government we are talking about. 😂

They actually updated the time (very quietly) last week to 12:01 last night. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it’s now there

Are we able to pre-load all of our vaccination information, etc? Or do we have to wait for 3 days before we're back?

Looks like the vaccine info is loaded each time you need to register/travel; ie they aren't holding the info in your account.

We crossed yesterday and it went smoothly thank goodness. We had our printed out test results (from Walgreens) and had filled out the app information before crossing. The border agent took some time to review everything but I think it was mostly because we were travelling as a family not as individuals. It also took a bit for the nurse to supervise the on site tests but overall it was super duper smooth and we are grateful to be home and able to go about our normal lives without worrying about a 14 day quarantine.

I would like to know this too. When I tried looking it up on CBP's site it gave me info for going to Canada, not returning to US.
It's a CDC mandate for the US testing; need to visit their website. For whatever reason i can't post the link here but it's under travelers/testing-international-air-travelers section. Scroll to the FAQ's and there's a comment that the requirements of the Order only apply to air travel into the US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter