• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Land and Sea

sara1215

Newbie here--please be patient!
In the very early stages of thinking about a Disney cruise in a few years. Would probably like to include a couple park days. I'm looking on the DCL website and it talks about Land and Sea packages but I'm not seeing a place where I can get a price estimate of everything together. Do I just have to pretend to book it on the Disney site and the cruise site and add it together? Or is there an actual package for all of it together? Thanks in advance.

Thank you! I'm sure I'll do a lot more research on this section of the boards too. The DIS helped me plan a fabulous Disney world vacation last week so I know I can get this cruise planned with no problems.

Disney website does list Land and sea but so much easier if you book it yourself. That way if you want to edit something, you can edit it separately. We did the cruise first then the parks. Next time I'd do parks then cruise so you can enjoy and relax on the boat after all that walking and early hours.

I don't know if you can book a Land and Sea online with the new website; you used to have to call to do it. DCL isn't going to find you any better deal with a Land & Sea than you'd get booking each part individually -- and I believe there are some limitations with the Land & Sea booked through DCL such as length of pre- or post-cruise stays. For more flexibility in the booking and offers, I suggest booking each part separately.

Enjoy your vacation!

In the very early stages of thinking about a Disney cruise in a few years. Would probably like to include a couple park days. I'm looking on the DCL website and it talks about Land and Sea packages but I'm not seeing a place where I can get a price estimate of everything together. Do I just have to pretend to book it on the Disney site and the cruise site and add it together? Or is there an actual package for all of it together? Thanks in advance.
We have done a "Land & Sea" but booked both separately. If you book as a package together you can not take advantage of any special offers such as % off or free dining offered at WDW. We spent 3 nights at WDW followed by a 3 night Bahamian cruise aboard the Dream. Used Magical express to get to resort and back to airport for rental car. You can also book Disneu Cruise Line bus to pick up from resort and take to port, it's $30 per person one way. Let me know if you have other questions, I may be able to help with answers.

We have done a "Land & Sea" but booked both separately. If you book as a package together you can not take advantage of any special offers such as % off or free dining offered at WDW. We spent 3 nights at WDW followed by a 3 night Bahamian cruise aboard the Dream. Used Magical express to get to resort and back to airport for rental car. You can also book Disneu Cruise Line bus to pick up from resort and take to port, it's $30 per person one way. Let me know if you have other questions, I may be able to help with answers.

Actually, it's $35. per person each way now.

We've stayed at WDW before and after cruises, and it's just simpler to book your own land and sea.

Actually, it's $35. per person each way now.

We've stayed at WDW before and after cruises, and it's just simpler to book your own land and sea.
Wow! I thought the $30 was pricey. The rental car plus parking was way cheaper for my family of 5 + grandma.

Wow! I thought the $30 was pricey. The rental car plus parking was way cheaper for my family of 5 + grandma.

For that many people, it would be cheaper to hire a limo service. And a rental car would be the cheapest option.

Watching this thread... We're looking at doing a land and sea as well this fall. I was hoping if we stayed onsite we might get the Magical Express to go from airport to POR and POR to cruise, as I've seen the cruise buses picking up at the resorts. Bummer.
We were going to forego a rental car this time if we stayed onsite, but maybe we'll have to get a car now anyway.

If you book the land and sea portions separately, is there a way to link them afterwards? I thought I read that with a land and sea package you check in at the resort and then don't have to check in the same way at the ship.

Watching this thread... We're looking at doing a land and sea as well this fall. I was hoping if we stayed onsite we might get the Magical Express to go from airport to POR and POR to cruise, as I've seen the cruise buses picking up at the resorts. Bummer.
We were going to forego a rental car this time if we stayed onsite, but maybe we'll have to get a car now anyway.

If you book the land and sea portions separately, is there a way to link them afterwards? I thought I read that with a land and sea package you check in at the resort and then don't have to check in the same way at the ship.
Magical Express only runs MCO to WDW resorts. MCO to port, as well as WDW resorts to port is via DCL transfers ($35 per person each way). Time was that it was all one package and you could check in at your resort for the cruise. That's no longer true. While you book a package that includes land and sea parts, it's not really a combined package. Just 2 packages booked together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter