Land and Sea Tips

SpartanKen

Earning My Ears
In this case it would be Sea & Land. We have been to DW 3 times since 2010. We have never been on a cruise and wanted to try one out. So we placed a down payment on the Dream for late August 2017, Just a 3 day. We then plan on finishing out the rest of the time at WDW.

Other then dealing with a really long wait. Any tips from the pros that have done both a land and see trip. suggestions?

I have never booked a trip as a land and sea package, but we have ALWAYS done a cruise and then finished at WDW. We have found that it was a good transition back into reality. We normally drive down for our cruises so we have are own car so we don't have to worry or pay for the bus to and from Disney.

We will be flying down on a Thursday and renting a car. sail Friday-Monday, then Monday through Saturday at WDW. We have had two bus transportation nightmares while on property and have no plans on repeating them, so we are getting a car.

Sounds smart. Also remember to either get a Sun Pass for the car or bring a roll of quarters to get you through the tolls. And you are doing what we normally do.

We have stayed at WDW 20+ times. The first cruise we ever went on was a 4 night on the Dream. DH always said he would never go on a cruise but I nagged him until he consented (just to shut me up). Now, he loves it more than I do! We have our 4th Disney cruise booked for this winter. We always do a few days at the parks either before or after the cruise.
We have done it both ways but we really prefer to do WDW before the cruise. We are usually exhausted after a few days at WDW and a cruise is a nice way to kick back and relax. It sounds like you already have your plans in place so that may not be an option for you. If you are wanting to maximize your time in the parks, you can skip breakfast the last morning and head straight off the ship (we like book a character meal at WDW for our first stop). For us, the last breakfast on the ship is not that great. You do get to say good-bye to your serving team but you can always do that the night before.
Try to get an early port arrival time. You will be able to start enjoying the amenities of the ship as soon as possible (get lunch, swim, tour the ship, etc).
We always thought the service at WDW was exceptional until we went on our first cruise. The service on the ship is phenomenal. And everything is beautiful and so clean!

Personally, I would want to do land and sea in that order. The cruises are so relaxing, I wouldn't want to go from that to the overstimulation and heat and crowds of the parks. I'd rather have fun in WDW and then do nothing but lounge for the remainder of the vacation :).

I have something similar planned for myself this October. After a week at UOA and WDW, I'll set sail on a 3 day cruise. Then I'm staying one extra night after disembarking because airfare was so much cheaper to fly back on a Tuesday rather than Monday. I think you'll be grateful to have all that R&R on the ship after running around the parks all week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter